Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Dell iDrac 6 viewer.jnlp weird name

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello.
When using Dell iDrac 6 remote console, viewer.jnlp file is being downloaded. But iDrac adds some additional characters to the end of the filename, ruining its extension, for example "viewer.jnlp(ip@0@dnsname,+PowerEdge+R710,+User_@14381106@ST1=531f5a20385ee18f48fe5b69041565fc). You have to rename it back to viewer.jnlp every time. This behaviour is not fixable in iDrac itself, as far as i can tell. There is a chrome extension that fixes name automatically: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fix-idrac-jnlp-file/knpcepbijjjpmlhbpmkjknghbeghiibo.
Can extensions be launched inside RDM? Or is there any way to trunk downloaded filename?

Clock2 yrs

Hello.
When using Dell iDrac 6 remote console, viewer.jnlp file is being downloaded. But iDrac adds some additional characters to the end of the filename, ruining its extension, for example "viewer.jnlp(ip@0@dnsname,+PowerEdge+R710,+User_@14381106@ST1=531f5a20385ee18f48fe5b69041565fc). You have to rename it back to viewer.jnlp every time to launch it. This behaviour is not fixable in iDrac itself, as far as i can tell. There is a chrome extension that fixes name automatically: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fix-idrac-jnlp-file/knpcepbijjjpmlhbpmkjknghbeghiibo.
Can extensions be launched inside RDM? Or is there any way to trunk downloaded filename?

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

After a discussion with the engineering department our Web Browser integration in embedded mode doesn't support any web browser extensions.

The Chrome embedded version use a kind of chromium. A solution could be to change the display mode to External and select as the Web Browser application Google Chrome. You also need to check "Enable web browser extensions link".

When you use an external display link RDM can fill up automatically, the credentials with Devolutions Web Login install in the browser.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Is there any other ways? Maybe, alter filename automatically?

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

I had a chat with the engineering department and they ask me to open a feature request. Thanks for the browser extensions, base on this they will try to replicate the viewer.jnlp file "rename".

We will inform you as soon as the task is success, our internal ticket number is WIN-1273.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

David Grandolfo wrote:

Hi,

I had a chat with the engineering department and they ask me to open a feature request. Thanks for the browser extensions, base on this they will try to replicate the viewer.jnlp file "rename".

We will inform you as soon as the task is success, our internal ticket number is WIN-1273.

Best regards,

Thank you very much!

Clock2 yrs

nazzartareev wrote:

David Grandolfo wrote:
Hi,

Best regards,

Thank you very much!

Any luck?

Clock4 mths

Hello,

The ticket opened to our engineering department is still under investigation.
I will try to bump the priority of RDMW-1273.

Sorry for the delay.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

We've made some changes to the iDrac integration to add the ".jnlp" extension to a downloaded file that contains "viewer.jnlp" but doesn't end with ".jnlp", emulating the Chrome extension you gave as an example.

This should be available for RDM 2019.1.42.0.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Epic, thank you!

Clock4 mths

The update is live, but what exactly should i use to get it work?
I mean, i have set up a browser (chrome) connection to iDRAC 6 host, and i still do get *.jnlp files with weird extensions.

Clock12 days

Hello,

Are you using the iDRAC entry, or the Web Browser entry? The change has only been made to the iDRAC entry.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock12 days