The only thing I really do is RDP related, so I couldn't tell you whether or not anything else is affected.

As for the 2 settings, I can't find them in the file already so I'm assuming I need to add them. Where do I add them?

Clock13 days

@zim2323,

Indeed, if you don't find the 2 settings in the RemoteDesktopManager.cfg file, you would need to add them manually.

The options are saved in alphabetic order, so this can add them in the appropriate area or save them at the bottom. This should do the trick as well.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock13 days

Hello @Zim

I just got back from my vacations, we've had a couple email back and forth about the artifact, as to know what is causing the issue I have no lead of what it could be yet other than your theory where it would be related to Dell laptops using integrated GPU, and I did found one forum post related to it on the web regarding latitude dell laptop but I cannot be sure what causes it yet or if it could be fix. I'll keep investigating.

One thing That I would like you to test is setting the engine to RDPFree 7.0. It's our developped Remote Desktop Protocol that doesn't use the ActiveX. Maybe this could be a solutions for you as a work around until we find what causes these artifacts to show up.

To activate this RDP engine you just have to go File > Options > Types > RDP > RDP dropdown menu at the top then switch it to RDPFree 7.0.

As for the cfg options David wanted you to try, you can just add them on a new line as displayed on the screenshot below.
*Make sure RDM is closed before you do this modification.*

Best regards,

Modif cfg value

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Modif cfg value.jpg
Clock13 days

Thanks for all your help! I'll continue to work through the suggestions today. I've added the above settings to the config. I'll test regular RDP for a bit before changing to FreeRDP.

zim2323

Clock11 days

So far, making those 2 changes in the CFG file, I am no longer seeing focus and refresh artifact issues. I'll continue to beat it up and if I see anything I'll try the other RDP type. So far, it's looking promising.

Clock11 days

I had 1 focus issue where an app behind RDM popped over when continuing activity inside an active RDP session, but other than that, no more issues with screen repaint. I'll continue to monitor and give status.

Clock11 days

zim2323 wrote:

I had 1 focus issue where an app behind RDM popped over when continuing activity inside an active RDP session, but other than that, no more issues with screen repaint. I'll continue to monitor and give status.

Thank you for your feedback smile.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

So far 99% better then it was before with ONLY the 2 additional settings added to the CFG file. I had 1 focus issues yesterday and 1 very small screen repaint issue this morning. So far though, overall, the issues I was having is nearly non-existent.

Is there anything else you need me to test or change to try and narrow this down more?

Chris Miller

Clock9 days

@Zim,

No really that fixed your issue so were glad this finally worked out for you smile.

Gave us knowledge too to deal with that issue in the future, so we thank you Big Grin.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

I'm not sure if this has been reported, but I have noticed that the "Copy Username & Password" button no longer appears to be working anymore?

I am able to use the "Copy Username" and "Copy Password" buttons which work fine but the combined one doesn't seem to work anymore.

I have tried switching between legacy and Paste once (secure) and extending the delays but nothing seems to get that function to work anymore.

Clock6 days

@Ordyss SysAdmin

I tried it on 13.9.10.0 without any issues. What's the behaviour on your side? Does it only copies the username?

Regards,
Min

Clock6 days

@Ordyss SysAdmin,

I think I was able to reproduce the issue, could you confirm if the new Windows Clipboard history is enable? (Windows key + V)

If so, could you test RDM 13.9.10.0 if the issue still occurs?

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

Hi David and Min,

I'm currently running 13.9.10.0, and you are correct David about Windows Clipboard history.

It appears to be pushing it to the Win + V method rather than Ctrl + V, and just tested and confirmed that's what it is doing.

I will try turning off Windows Clipboard and test, but other than that, is there another workaround?

Clock6 days

Yup, Windows Clipboard seems to be the cause of the problem.

I turned it off and it started working straight away correctly straight away.

Clock6 days

Thanks for this information, we are currently investigating the issue.

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

How does one get involved with your BETA program?

Thanks
Robert

David Hervieux wrote:

Hello guys,
We are really happy to release RDM 14 beta. This version requires .NET 4.7.2 and backup your database before installing this beta for a maximum of safety.

The initial release is 13.9.0.0 and the final version will be labelled 14.0.0.0. This is major update and it requires a database update. This update is backward compatible with our current stable version (13.6.X) for SQL Server and Devolutions Password Server.
This update is NOT COMPATIBLE with the latest stable database of mySQL and it's not recommended to use it in production if you plan to keep the last stable version during the beta.

Post any issue in a separate thread since it's much easier for us to answer you and keep track of it.

=== What's new ===

* 1Password opvault support
* Execute security right
* Repository manager right
* FTP/SFTP live edit
* Google Drive data source
* Documentation search
* I've Been Pwned integration
* mySQL improvements (Repository, Documentation, Favorites and more)
* Many UI improvements

http://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.13.9.8.0.zip
http://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.13.9.8.0.exe

Clock5 days

@Robert,

What would like to know exactly?

Would you like to download RDM Beta? If yes, you can download it here
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Best regards,

Robert Salmon wrote:

Thanks
Robert

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Using 13.9.10.0 now I'm having RDM hang frequently when I close a continue ping tab. Can't do anything, except close RDM completely. Does not happen when closing (RDP) session.

Anyone else?

Clock5 days

@Raymond

Hi, I've reproduce the issue and reported it to the engineering team.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Thanks Alexandre!

Have a nice day.

Clock5 days

I keep getting the following every time I open RDM and Tools Manager to update plugins. <attached>

rdmcerterror.jpg
Clock4 days

@zim2323

Can you please click "view certificate" and post the result?

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock4 days

@Jeff,

I was just wondering if there was some kind of formal program I needed to sign up for. Thanks for the download link.

Thanks,
Robert

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

@Robert,

What would like to know exactly?

Would you like to download RDM Beta? If yes, you can download it here
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Best regards,

Robert Salmon wrote:

Thanks
Robert

Clock4 days

@Stefane

Attached screenshot of 'Vew Certificate'.

rdmcerterror2.jpg
Clock3 days

@zim2323

As per screenshot, the certificate is issued by an authority controlled by Zscaler Intermediate Root CA (zscaler.net) which is definitely not ours. Please have a look with your network or security department regarding SSL Interception or proxy solution that is provoking the issue.
The certificate should look like the following (attached screen shots)

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

2018-10-11_7-42-58.png
Clock3 days

@Robert,

You just need to download the Beta edition and install it on your workstation.

You can report us any issue by creating a new topic in the support section
https://forum.devolutions.net/forum1-remote-desktop-manager--support.aspx

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 days

I just updated to 13.9.12.0 today and was hoping it would fix an issue I've been having the past few updates, but nope. If I double click on an entry, the tab appears for the session, but I am not able to click on it to get to the session. If I double click a second entry, and then click on its tab, and then the first tab, I can see the session. It is the same for any new entries I connect to after that. I have to click on an existing tab, and then the new one to get it to respond. Any ideas?

Clock2 days

Hello Scott,
What Windows version do you use?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 days

Windows 8.1 and I'm running the 64bit version of RDM.

Clock2 days

Thank you. I did the fix for Windows 7 and I was not able to reproduce it with Windows 10. I will create another update this week end for with a fix for Windows 8.1

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 days