Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Display option keeps changing back to embedded when edit extg record

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have noticed that "sometimes" when I edit an extg PVM record, the setting for the display change back to "embedded". This does not always happen, but often enough to really annoy me now!

Clock3 mths

Could you verify if it specific ton an entry?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

What is your PVM version ?

What type of data source are you using ?

In order to further help you could you please send me a screenshot of the entry properties at fault, and also, what is the exact change that you are trying to apply.

Kind regards,

Samuel Laurin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

It would seem that after some testing, I find my login (web) entry to have your similar problem.
After setting the display option to external and rebooting the software, the display option reverted to embedded.

I took the liberty of creating a ticket for that issue.

Here is the ticket number : DEVO-422

Kind regards,

Samuel Laurin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

This issue has now been fixed, the change will be available in the next PVM beta.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I hope it has also fixed a secondary issue that url's to exe dont work now either!

I have a few client sites that use VMware Horizon remote app.

So I have setup a PMV record ( login(account) type with the following url:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\vmware-view.exe

This used to work fine, running the exe when I click on the Navigate URL button. The display mode would have been set to external.

Now all my records have defaulted back to display mode embedded, and if I set the display mode undocked (default) it just tries opening the exe in an external browser window.

I've just tested a new record using the login (web) rather than (account) and this works as expected. I assume you have med some changes to the login (account) type and it no longer supports external display type?

Clock3 mths

Hello,

This issue should have also been fixed with the same changes we made, as I'm not able to reproduce them using our internal build. We want to release the PVM beta soon so you will be able to test both fixes shortly.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths