Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Macro/Script/Tools

Custom Reports?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I'd like to create a report that goes through all Sessions/PCs in a folder, and checks to see if a file exists on the remote PC (using a PowerShell command).

Can you create a custom report like this? I noticed the attached Report/PowerShell 'undocumented feature'. Would this help?

Capture.PNG
Clock3 mths

The same with checking the latest hotfix on each PC. Execute this command on each PC;
Get-HotFix -Description "Security*" | sort installedon | Select-Object -Last 1

Clock3 mths

For now it's not possible to execute the PowerShell on each PC. It's only executed locally with the computer list in RDM. For example you could list all the machine with a specific tag.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Couldn’t you execute the PowerShell script locally, but call the remote PC as an argument? Like; Get-Hotfix can have -ComputerName as a parameter. So couldn’t you pass $connection as the ComputerName? How can you display/add different columns in the report?

Clock3 mths

I have this working quite well now;

Foreach($connection in $Report.Connections) {

if( ($connection.ConnectionType -eq "VNC") -or ($connection.ConnectionType -like "*RDP*") ) {
if ( Test-Connection -ComputerName $connection.Host -Count 1 -Quiet ) {
$m = Get-HotFix -ComputerName $connection.Host -ID "KB4343887" | Measure-Object
if ($m.Count -gt 0) {
$Report.Include($connection);
}
}
}
}

If we could populate a column, that would be impressive. I could instead list all the computers and what the most recent KBxxxxxx Security Update was installed.

Clock3 mths

I will add the feature request for the custom header column. It's a good idea.

By the way, great usage of the report.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths