Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

RDM Documentation tab display issue

I have encountered an issue with the documentation tab where is displays poorly and so far I've had no luck getting it to work properly again.

Note it's not the input or markdown that's an issue but rather the window and input fields.

It displays fine in the View but I can't scroll all the way to the bottom and the Editor tab shows up as a gray area with no input field.

If I in the editor decide to maximize the screen I do get an input field and a preview but both are squished in the top left corner of the window only big enough to display a couple of lines at a time and I can't seem to resize them at all.
This is an issue that seemed to appear out of nowhere for a couple of my colleagues where it had worked fine previously and the rest of my colleagues have no issues.

- River

Clock23 days

Hello,

Would you be able to send a screenshot of the issue, also, what is your Remote Desktop Manager version?

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock23 days

I'm running RDM Enterprise edition 13.6.7.0 64-bit.

The screenshot here is what it looks like when I in the editor click maximize and thus get the full screen view.

- River

fullscreen editor.PNG
Clock21 days

Hello,

Do you get that on all your other entries? Or is it on a specific type of entry?

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock21 days

I apologize for the delay in replying, I was sick and had no access to my work machine.

We have hundreds of connections in RDM that are all following the structure of a main folder (Company), which is where we type the documentation, and under that folder we keep all relevant teamviewer, vpn, rdp and passwords.

Because of the sheer number of connections I can't say 100% that there isn't one that displays correctly but so far all seem to have the issue I'm describing.

Note, it's client side as some of my colleagues who access the same database don't have this issue and can easily see all the entries that are partially cut off in my RDM and most have no issue with the editor being squished either.

- River

Clock11 days

Hello,

I will open a ticket about your issue so we can try to reproduce it, I will keep you updated on the matter.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock11 days

Thank you and if you need any more info or screenshots let me know.

- River

Clock10 days

Hello,

After talking to the QA team, here are some questions/steps that I would like for you to try,

- What is your Operating System version?
- Would you be able to try the latest Beta version?
- Could you go in the Window tab and perform a Reset Layout

- Could you delete your .lyt files, they are, by default, located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager
-
Make sure that the settings of IE 11 are the default one

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

My OS is Windows 10 enterprise.

I tried to reset the layout, delete the .lyt files and reset IE's settings to default as instructed and tested between each step.

None of it had an effect.

A full reinstall where I completely removed the folder under localappdata, thanks for reminding me it existed, seems to have fixed the issue for now.
I had the .exe of version 13.0.6.0 lying around and that is what I installed then proceeded to update until I was back to 13.6.7.0 and then imported our .rdd file.

I still have no idea what caused the issue or if it will occur again, but if it does I'll try to keep an eye on what I was doing so we'll have something more specific to troubleshoot.

- River

Clock8 days

The issue already reappeared.

- I had not yet closed RDM since reinstalling.
- At the time I noticed it was back I had been testing a new web browser connection in RDM that is set to use IE.
- The first time it happened I hadn't discovered the web browser function in RDM so that was not the cause last time. However I have used IE outside of RDM even back then.

I don't know if any of that is relevant but that is all I noticed.

- River

Clock8 days

Hello,

Would you be able go in File -> My Datasource information and send us the report?

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

I've sent the report through RDM, subject line is RDM Documentation tab display issue.
I included a link to this thread plus a short overview of the issue and what we've tried so far in the message.

- River

Clock7 days