Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Report->Activity Logs filter on 'Username' should filter on 'Database User' not the local user

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We have a lot of users that install RDM on several different pc's or devices, e.g. at home, phone, etc. RDM logs both the 'local' user on the device (e.g. 'DESKTOP-B7G15JK\John') and the 'domain' user (e.g. 'DOMAIN\John'). The first is logged as the Username, the second as the Database User.

The problem is that the same user (DOMAIN\John) has logged in from several computers:
DESKTOP-B7G15JK\John --> a desktop computer
LAPTOP-JOHN\John --> a laptop
DOMAIN\John --> a terminal server that is domain joined
Android 8.0.0 --> his phone
… and the list goes on

If I want to see the activity log for a certain user I would like to be able to enter DOMAIN\John and see all his activity, regardless of the device he came from. Currently the filtering is done based on the 'local' user and that's not very helpful (especially with nasty names like 'Android 8.0.0').

An extra box for 'Database User' would also be ok, of course, but for me it can simply replace the Username filter which (IMHO) is pointless.

Thanks!

Pow3r.us3r.78

Clock3 mths

Upgrading server from 4.7.1.0 to 5.1.1.0 solved the problem. Thanks James from support chat!

Pow3r.us3r.78

Clock3 mths