Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Powershell remote execution credential

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi all

I am currently trying to create some powershell DSC resources with the existing PSCmdlet that exist for Remote Desktop Manager and I am hitting a big bottle neck that might just be related to me not understanding how the connection from the module to the application work. I keep having errors because I can't seem to be able to create a connection from the command line to the application with a User Interface interaction.

So what I am looking for is to be able to run a script without having to pass any parameter to it or have any user interaction but right now I keep having to enter my username/password of the RDM application. Is there a way to bypass that?

Regards,

Clock2 yrs

Quick addition I am using powershell 5 and Remote Desktop Manager 12.6.8.0 right now but looking to update the version of the server to latest which I believe is 13.5.6.0 right now

Clock2 yrs

Hello Francis,

Our PowerShell integration require RDM installed and configured. If in your default data source the credentials aren't set, PS will ask them.

That being said, you could include the credentials in the script but they will be in clear text.

I'm not sure if that command will work in RDM 12.6.8 but you can use the Set-RDMCurrentDataSource command and add the Username and password value

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I think that my issue right now is the default data source isnt set. Would you have some documention to set it?

I tried also the Set-RDMCurrentDataSource but it returned me Warning Data Source not found.

Regards

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

The data source have to be set directly in RDM. This help topic is general but will help you.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs