Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Hyper-V host Connection from RDM MAC

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello I have downloaded an Enterprise trial version of RDM 5.5.0.0 for MAC because I am led to believe It can connect to an hyper-v host?

I have an hyper-v host (Server 2016) connected in a workgroup which I can connect using the free windows version of RDM using and hyper-v console connection.

I have tried the same connection on the MAC and it does not not connect to the hyper-v console although I can RDP to the host.

As anyone tried/got it working as I would buy the enterprise version provided i know it works?

Regards,

Gavin

Clock2 yrs

Hi Gavin,

If you just want to connect to an Hyper-V instance. It's just a matter of having the right Hyper-V host set in the Computer name field and the right instance ID set in the corresponding field. As such:

HyperVInstance

I've just tested and it seems to work well on my side.

If you wanted to be able to browse the instances on an Hyper-V host or use the Hyper-V Console entry, you'd need to connect through a Devolutions Password Server data source, since proxying through it is the only way RDM Mac can access the relevant functionality (a.k.a. getting and managing Hyper-V instances list).

Does it answer your question? Or have I misunderstood your issue?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

HyperVInstance.png
Clock2 yrs

Thank you for coming back quickly; That has answered the question which does mean that it not worth for me anyway to upgrade to the enterprise version.

I tried the above which does work for me but It would be nice if the RDP function using the Hyper-V Instance was included as part of the free tool like the the windows equivalent.

Kind Regards,

Gavin

Clock2 yrs

Hi Gavin,

This is not really about lack of willingness on our part but more about feasibility. The Hyper-V listing (and many other advanced tooling) requires advanced Windows API that aren't available from a Mac OS (or any other platforms than Windows for that matter). Hence why it is necessary to use DVLS as a proxy.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs