Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Jumphost - open folder

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

We use RDM to be able to login to our customer as fast and easy as possible. Sadly the customers use a lot of difference VPN solutions.
Some solutions do not work integrated within RDM ; which means the VPN needs to be made manually and afterwards the session(s) can be opened trough RDM.

We are looking to use jumphosts to make sure not every client PC needs VPN solutions installed to be able to make a connection. Would id be possible to allow opening a folder within RDM on the jumphost?

I mean we have a folder per customer containing the login information and sessions. When we would be able to open just that folder on the jumphost we would be able to first use credentials entry + documentation tab to open the VPN first and then open the session(s).

Clock4 mths

Hello,
Thanks you for the Feature Request, RDM have multiple feature to auto start VPN and automaticly close them. In the VPN section we also support multiple command line VPN with our Custom VPN entry. That being said, as you mentionned using a jumphost could be a great solution. We have multiple type of jump server. We support windows jump server with RDM, mainly our customer use it with a RDS server. as explained here ( https://blog.devolutions.net/2014/10/jump-host-made-easy-introducing-rdm-jump ) but we also support SSH Bastion (know as Linux gateway) with our SSH Tunnel or SSH Port Forwarding option.

Does any of those solutions help you?

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock4 mths

Hey Etienne,

Some VPN clients have no CLI interface (globalproptect VPN; forticlient > https://forum.devolutions.net/forum/topic16382-forticlient--sslvpn-not-supported.aspx ).

Meaning the VPN needs to be opened manually on the JumpHost after the RDP connection is made (i assume thats what you refer as "RDS server").

This said i have a other problem when using some VPN connections is that when i open them all client connectivity tunnels trough the VPN meaning the RDP to the jumphost is lost... .

Clock3 mths

When the jumpHost is opened the navigation panel focuses the jumphost; to be able to copy paste the credentials I needs sometimes i need to scroll each time i need them - not convenient => see attachment.

(Maybe i should create a link to the jumphost locally in each folder I need them?)

2018-08-16_11h50_42.png
Clock3 mths

Hello,

Let's start with the focus, for that you can simply disable the "auto select item on tab focus" option in File -> Options -> User Interface -> Tree View

Regarding the jump host on the folder level, go in your folder's properties and set the jump directly there, then in the session's properties under that folder, set the jump to "inherited", this way, the session will be using the Folder's jump.

(Folder)

(Sessions)

Another option would be to create a repository for each of your customers, let me know which one would you be interested in and I can provide you with more details.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock3 mths