Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

VMware Horizon View client add-on credentials not sending

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Support -

We are trying to consolidate all of our end user remote connections into RDM. Great product, btw!

One of the types of remote connections we use is VMware Horizon View.

We pull credentials from our Passwordstate installation. This is working (with Anonymous API access enabled in PWstate) as far as populating the login dialog but it is not actually sending the credentials. We have to manually click the Login button or hit enter.

Seems like a minor thing and we have a workaround with an After Connect macro to send the {ENTER} command...but the end users are going to be medical clinicians who work in an ER capacity. Every second counts for them in an emergency situation.

One other thing that the macro does is to throw up a notification that a macro is being executed down by the system tray. This may cause unnecessary confusion for the end users. Can this notification be suppressed?

Is it possible to have the RDM View connection automagically send the ENTER command without a macro?

Thanks!

Clock4 mths

Hi Tom,

Which entry are you using to pull credentials from Passwordstate? Probably we could look if the enter can be add or adjust?

Also which passwordstate is it, because many company have a software with this name.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

It is Passwordstate from Click Studios.

Not sure you mean by which entry?

Clock4 mths

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry I thing I did understood yesterday the issue. So is the issue pulling credentials from passwordstate or using the VMware Horizon View but add an enter after the connection.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Correct, the issue is not pulling creds from Passwordstate - just the sending of ENTER or clicking OK.

Clock3 mths

Hi,

I had a chat with the engineering department and we are not sure if we could add the Enter after the connection. The entry executes vmware-view.exe application and we send multiple command line value. As an example the basic command line is (vmware-view.exe -serverURL http://Connection.server -userName Username -domainName Domain -password Password).

Unfortunately, we do not have any horizon server to test the connection if we could add -Enter or other connection value. Are you able to test with the command line if we could add a value to automatically press enter?

As a second part, the Macro ballon can be disabled. In File --> Options --> Types --> Macro/script/tools, Disable execute typing macro balloon.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths