Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Clarification of Permissions on Sub Connections needed

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it the idea that permissions on Sub Connections are not evaluated? So if the user has the permission to view the parent object he also is able to view all sub connections, regardless of the view permission on a specific sub connection?

(Observed with RDM 13.6.6.0, MSSQL DB and Custom Login)

Kind regards

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Exactly, this is the normal behavior since every sub-connections are tied directly to their parent object.

Best regards,

James Lafleur
Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 25th, 2018, to January 1, 2019, inclusively.

signaturesignature[/url

Clock5 mths

In this case it seems strange, that the permissions tab is still shown in the entry properties of the sub connection. This is very misleading and if one wouldn't try the feature and check the behavior chances are good that this is used wrong...

Best regards

Clock5 mths

Hello,

I will discuss this with our engineering department.
I will notify you as soon as I have any update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur
Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 25th, 2018, to January 1, 2019, inclusively.

signaturesignature[/url

Clock5 mths

Thank you for keeping up...

Clock5 mths

Hello,

After a discussion with our engineering department, they told me that this section should not have been visible for the sub-connections.
A ticket has been opened and assigned to them. They will remove the permissions section from the Sub-Connections.

I will notify you as soon as I have any update on that matter.

For further reference, the ticket number is WIN-1133

Best regards,

James Lafleur
Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature[/url

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Just a quick update regarding this issue.

The permission section of the sub-connections is no longer visible in the version 13.9.6.0 of RDM, our latest Beta.

Please use the following link if you wish to try this version:
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

As Always, I recommend that you create a backup prior to do this update:
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/bestpractices_backups.htm

Also, if you do not wish to affect your current configuration, you could test it as a Portable version:
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_portableusb.htm

Best regards,

James Lafleur
Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature[/url

Clock3 mths