Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Cannot connect to Nextcloud - 401 unauthorized error

I can't seem to ever connect to Nextcloud via WebDAV. Either the WebDAV browser or storing the data source in WebDAV doesn't work.

It shows 401 Unauthorized errors in the logs. I know my set up is correct because I use the same credentials and starting location /remote.php/dav/files/USERNAME/ and also /remote.php/webdav/ in Windows File Explorer, and they all work.

Any ideas? I'm using 13.6.6.0.

Clock3 mths

So interestingly, 13.5.6.0 connects just fine with the same settings.

But...none of my sessions or folders show up. In fact, I can create them, and they show up in the XML file, but they aren't showing in RDM, even after restarting the program.

Clock3 mths

And iOS RDM v4.8 won’t even let me add WebDAV as a data source...just crashes...

Help!

Clock3 mths

Hi Phi,

In RDM 13.6.6 and RDM 13.5.6, could you go in Advanced tab of the data source configuration and enable Log Enable and Verbose. If you could send us both logs at ticket@devolutions.net .

We would like to see where RDM stop working with the WebDav server.

Regarding iOS, do you have any crash log or RDM log that you could also send us?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi,

I was able to connect and list the content of a nextcloud repository using RDM 13.6.6.0. I know it's a bit tricky to setup a Webdav connection in RDM, so here is a little recap:

For a URL like this: https://demo.nextcloud.com/oiha5eic/remote.php/webdav/

The Host field is: demo.nextcloud.com
The port is: 443
Check the "Use SSL" check box.
And the home directory is: /oiha5eic/remote.php/webdav/
(both starting and ending "/" are necessary)

Regards!

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I sent an e-mail to ticket@devolutions.net. Also sent iOS logs too.

Clock3 mths

Also I should mention I am on Nextcloud 13.0.5. I don't know if SabreDAV was affected in that version. I do know I am also getting "Login failed" entries on the Nextcloud side every time 13.6.6 tries to connect to retrieve the data source.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the logs we received them.

We will have a look at them with our engineers.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Just to confirm, is your WebDAV server on the cloud or is it on-premise?

Also, is it possible for you to give us restricted access with a restricted user so we can test?

You also mentioned SabreDAV, is it something that you use?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock3 mths

It is on-prem. I can certainly give you access. Please e-mail me from your support account to confirm.

I believe Nextcloud (and ownCloud) use SabreDAV as its WebDAV provider.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

I sent you a reply via our ticketing system.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Sent.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

With your help, we've been able to recreate your issue.

This will be resolved internally and a fix will be released however I cannot provide a date.

Thank you again for your assistance!

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths