Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

set default display option for new record

Is there a way to set the default display option for new records to "External"

It drives me mad that I have to change it on all new records created.

I've looked in the file-templates menu which I thought would allow me to customise templates, but no changes are saved.

Cheers

Grant

Clock7 days

Hello,

Indeed, this is possible.

If you go in File - Templates - Default Settings and modify a setting in that area, when you will create a new entry, the setting will be selected by default.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

yeah tried this but it does not save my changes to the templates

180807-02-OUT-template defaults.pdf
Clock7 days

Hello,

When you change the default settings, this mean that when you will create a new entry, the display would be set to external as example instead of embedded. This will not update your current sessions. This will only apply the default settings on new entry.

To update several sessions at the same time, to set them to external as example, we would need the help of the Custom PowerShell command feature, however, I am not able to apply the requested changes on my side, so I will have a look at this tomorrow morning with our engineering department and get back to you, like I mentioned in the email that I just sent you via our support mailbox for the second case that you had opened via this other channel.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

Hello,

I have been able to reproduce your issue with the Default Template. A ticket has been opened to the engineering department regarding.
I will provide both ticket numbers via email.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

I also have this issue

Clock4 days

Hello,

The issue about not being able to modify the default template has been resolved internally.

The fix should be available in the next release of PVM.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 days