Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Citrix Director session entry

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi there,

Could you please add a new entry for Citrix Director? There is a Citrix Netscaler add-on, but the auto-submit and auto-refresh doesn't work for Citrix Director - e.g. http://10.10.10.10/Director

I've tried to use the Web browser entry and the auto-submit works. However, auto-refresh doesn't work. I need both auto-submit and refresh to work for Director please.

Always using the latest beta RDM version.
Local data source.

Clock4 mths

What do you mean that auto refresh does not work? I'm asking the question since our add-on is based on the web session.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Means exactly that. If the auto-refresh option is configured to refresh in e.g. 1 minute, it doesn't happen. The auto-refresh works for a Citrix Storefront or Netscaler page, but not Citrix Director.

e.g. if I browse to a Storefront page like desktop.company.com:

And I set the auto-refresh to e.g. 1 minute, then the page will refresh every 1 minute and my Storefront session will not timeout and log me off. Great.

But if I browse to desktop.company.com/Director (Citrix Director page), the auto-refresh won't work.

Local data source.

Clock4 mths

Have you tried both IE and Chrome?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

You mean the browser option for the Web/HTTPS entry? The default is set to IE I believe, so yes I have tried IE. I have tried Firefox as well. Not Chrome.

Local data source.

Clock4 mths

Could you try Chrome? It's not the same engine internally.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hmm, looks like setting the browser engine to Chrome works. Auto-refresh still working after 1 day (normally the session would have expired by now). Thanks!

Local data source.

Clock4 mths

That's a good news. Both web engine does not behave the same so sometime the workaround is with the other one.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi there,

Does the auto-refresh only work for the Chrome engine? It seems that there is a memory leak with the Chrome engine. I have 3 Citrix director sessions opened and nothing else. Initially, it starts off with about 800MB of RAM usage and over time it climbs up to 2GB.

In this particular use case, we're monitoring 3 different Citrix environments (via Citrix Director) on a big TV monitor. We want to keep this monitoring running 24/7 and therefore RDM will be running constantly. Normally, this is fine with RDP sessions, or HTTPS sessions using IE engine. However, HTTPS auto-refresh only seems to work with the Chrome engine, which seems to produce a memory leak.

Local data source.

Clock3 mths