Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

[SOLVED] SSH: change how many lines to scroll with mouse wheel

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Currently, when using the mouse wheel to scroll a terminal window, the content is moved up/down half a page per wheel tick. This makes content hardly readable when scrolling as the eyes easily lose the context because:

• When the window is large / fullscreen, the content is moved from a lot of lines (for instance, in my case it's 40 lines) each wheel tick.
  • The number of moved lines is dependent on the window height.

Could we have an option to set the number of lines to scroll each time the mouse wheel is used? IMO, that would be ideally 3-5 lines, like any text editor.

Clock4 mths

Hi,

You are perfectly right! Each tick causes a scroll of half the terminal height. I did not program this but I will change it. I could add an option, but I think it would be better to simply use the system wide property settings for the scroll wheel. I'd like to know what you think on this.

Regards,

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Denis Vincent wrote:

I could add an option, but I think it would be better to simply use the system wide property settings for the scroll wheel.

I agree with you, using the system property seems a better idea.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Clock4 mths

Hello,

The change has been done internally and it should be available in the next version of both RDM Free and RDM Enterprise.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

That's great! Thanks a lot. smile

Clock4 mths

Hi,

Any ETA on the next version of RDM Free?

I'm particularly interested in this new feature. smile

Clock2 mths

It's already in beta if you enable the auto-update for the Beta.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Thanks, good hint! I'll move to beta.

Clock2 mths