Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add Mateso Passwordsafe as Password Storage

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

In our Company we are using Mateso Passwordsafe https://www.passwordsafe.com as zentral enterprise password storage. Since version 8.3 this passwordsafe have an API for 3rd Party software to read, create and authorize passwords and we will be very happy if we are able to get our passwords from Mateso Passowrdsafe. Mateso offers DLLs for the api and a description on their homepage http://help.passwordsafe.de/v8/1/en/topic/api and http://help.passwordsafe.de/api/v8/html/e113b193-3482-8477-c479-6cf97ecbf796.htm

Thanks
Frank

Clock9 mths

Hello,
Thank you for the link It's the first time we get the information for this product. I will add this to our todo list.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hello,

the Product itself exists a long time, but first with version 8 it have an API where the passwords can be written and read from the password safe.

The passwordsafe is in use a lot around Europe and in the most DAX30 companies (the biggest (german) companies listed at the stock exchange in Frankfurt)

But it is aalso used on bigger compynies around the wolrd smile

Clock9 mths

Indeed it's a good news that they now have an API

Regards.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi there,

we are currently looking to buy and implement the Remote Desktop Manager and have aswell Mateso Passwordsafe in usage. Because of we are very satisfied with this software this we do not plan to change the software for password handling.
So a integration via the API would be very nice.

Thanks in advance,
Constantin

Clock8 mths

Hello,
I cant give you a time frame but it's definitively on our list. We understand here are at Devolutions that it's not necessarily a good idea to change a product that you are satisfied and this is why we integrate so many other products.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Hello,

The beta of RDM 14 will have a Mateso Password Safe credential entry type.

Here are the requirements to use this entry :

• Mateso Password Safe Enterprise Plus Edition
  • The web services must be installed on your Mateso Password Safe server

The following image is what the entry will look like :

MatesoEntry

The next image shows what you will see when prompting the password list. The types of passwords we have decided to accept coming from the Mateso Password Safe's format are all shown in the list. If there are other types of passwords you deem important for your credential entries, please do let us know so that we can add them to our selection.

MatesoSupportedPasswordTypes

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

MatesoEntry.png
MatesoSupportedPasswordTypes.png
Clock5 mths

Hi,
we have enterprise plus license, i had fill in the required information.
I can't login to the mateso server.

Maybe anyone can help me in a remote session

Enviroment:

RDM 14.0.4.0
Mateso: 8.6.0.15386

Clock5 mths

@Marc,

Could you go in Help -> Profiler -> Debug Only tab and set the debug level to 1.

When this is done, reproduce the error message in PasswordSafe Mateso and post the result of the Profiler please.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi Jeff,

this are the the results of the debug process.
I send this result to support with subject "Issue Mateso Addon"

Silent: PsrApi.PsrServiceException: Die Eingabe ist keine gültige Base-64-Zeichenfolge, da sie ein Nicht-Base-64-Zeichen, mehr als zwei Leerstellen oder in den Leerstellen ein Zeichen enthält, das ungültig ist.
bei PsrApi.Internals.ServiceClients.PsrWebServiceClientBase.ParseResponseForServiceException(String responseString)
bei PsrApi.Internals.ServiceClients.PsrWebServiceClientBase.<Get>d__15`1.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<PrepareWebService>d__13.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<LoginInternal>d__10.MoveNext()
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<Login>d__7.MoveNext()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.MatesoPasswordSafeManager.cfafc71ae14ae20c28e22217c444dcd54.MoveNext()
5 - Connection States: Refresh : 0 ms
Silent: PsrApi.PsrServiceException: Die Eingabe ist keine gültige Base-64-Zeichenfolge, da sie ein Nicht-Base-64-Zeichen, mehr als zwei Leerstellen oder in den Leerstellen ein Zeichen enthält, das ungültig ist.
bei PsrApi.Internals.ServiceClients.PsrWebServiceClientBase.ParseResponseForServiceException(String responseString)
bei PsrApi.Internals.ServiceClients.PsrWebServiceClientBase.<Get>d__15`1.MoveNext()
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<PrepareWebService>d__13.MoveNext()
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<LoginInternal>d__10.MoveNext()
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<Login>d__7.MoveNext()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.MatesoPasswordSafeManager.cfafc71ae14ae20c28e22217c444dcd54.MoveNext()
XML.SaveConnection...
PrivateConnectionManager.Refresh : 29 ms
XML.SaveConnection : 175 ms
PrivateConnectionManager.Refresh : 30 ms
Tree view is loading 1 connections
TreeView.LoadConnectionList...
GetGroupInfos : 0 ms
BeginUpdate...
*** WARNING [Load Connections Detailed] Enabled ***
Loading Credential Mateso [84538eb2-42fa-437d-8ac5-a2b4b8319727]
LoadConnectionList : 0 ms
ApplyGroupCustomImages : 0 ms
LoadConnectionInTreeNode : 14 ms
PreCreateGroups : 0 ms - Count : 1
BeginUpdate : 55 ms
TreeView.LoadConnectionList : 91 ms
SelectionChanged...
LoadConnectionList : 0 ms
SelectionChanged : 34 ms

Clock5 mths

i have ivolved the Mateso support as well.
Do you have contacts to the mateso developer ?

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Our engineering department is in contact with Mateso and they are investigating this issue.

Thank you for the logs by the way.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

Our engineering department is in contact with Mateso and they are investigating this issue.

Thank you for the logs by the way.

Best regards,

Are there any updates because of this problem?! There are 3 month since the latest post ant today i had the same problem with the latest software from RDM & Mateso Passwordsafe.

Thanks
Frank

Clock3 mths

Hello Frank,

We have not received any news about this issue as of yet. I have sent another email this morning to ask about the progress.

We will keep you updated on how this develops.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello Michaël,

are there any updated because of this issue?! Because we want to made a mass rollout of Passwordsafe in the next 1-2 Month and give training courses for it and the API interactionand configuring Passwords from the Mateso Passwordsafe is an importent part of the training.

Thanks
Frank

Clock2 mths

Hello Frank,

I still haven't received any news about this issue from my Mateso contact. This error seems to happen when trying to login to your Mateso account through the API. I'm guessing there is an issue in the code when it comes to understanding some sort of special character in your password.

There isn't much we can do until we receive more information from the Mateso developers. I would recommend asking them for support again while providing them the profiler's result shown in the previous posts.

If you get an answer about this issue from Mateso's support please let us know.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello Michaël,

I talked to Mateso andas I can "read between the lines" there are no open questions on the side of Mateso. Can you please contact Mateso again. I opend a case on the Mateso tickest system and they will know that you will contact Mateso again.

My Username/Password has no german special chars, only lower and upercase, numbers and an ascii special char. But the error message looks like that the string itself will not be utf8 conform?!

It is important for us because we had internal trainings for the Mateso Passwordsafe and RDM and the API interconnect to get Passwords from Passwordsafe in RDM ispart of this training.

Thanks
Frank

Clock2 mths

Hello Frank,

Another mail has been sent. I have also linked this forum thread so they can ask questions or see the details of the conversation if need be.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,
we have the same issue as Frank.

Could it be possible that RDM doesn't like the underscore in the database name? Since we have the same issue and we also have an underscore in our Passwordsafe Database name.

Edit: We created an empty Passwordsafe DB without an underscore and it looks better - no "unknown error" message. It rather says now "No Passwors found" even if I create a new entry in the empty Database.

Clock2 mths

Hello Sebastian,

It's great that you found that the issue is linked to having an underscore in the database name. There isn't much we can do about this on our side as all we do is pass the login information to the API.

I would recommend sending the information to their support department and see if they can have it fixed for their next API release.

About the issue of finding no passwords, have you made sure that the entry you created has the "Description" and "Username" fields filled in?

We have added this restriction when searching for password entries since the "Description" field is considered as being the name of the entry. As for the reason we added the "Username" as a required field to be filled in for an entry to be found, it is to avoid receiving entries which aren't suitable to being used as a credential in RDM.

Please do let us know if the "Description" and "Username" fields not being filled in was the issue.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello Michael,

we have exactly the same problem.
I already checked the fields. There is noch missing entry.
Is there any other option to check?

Regards,

Patrick

Clock2 mths

Hi Michael,
as Patrick already mentioned, we also checked the fields. There is no missing entry for us, too.
I also tried other templates than AD-User (I created a Database account entry) but still no joy.

What else can we check now?

Clock2 mths

Hello,

It is not the undescore, because we have no underscore in the name. The Name für The Passwordsafe itself is only ASCII: "PwdSafe" (and no special chars) and the Database for this is the same name. Only the config Database für the PasswordSafe Server is with a hyphen (but the API or RDM has no setting or is not in contact with this database!)

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Our Mateso license is currently expired.

We have asked for a new trial license today so that we can test again and see if we can reproduce your issues. We'll let you all know if we can reproduce / fix your issues as soon as possible.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,

We have been informed that some users who are experiencing issues connecting to their Password Safe server could be users using the "Master Key" mode. This issue should be fixed in the latest version of the API. We have updated the version of the API and this should hopefully fix all login issues.

We haven't been able to reproduce the issue of "No passwords found" experienced by Sebastian but we've made some changes to our code which may or may not fix the issue.

These changes will be available starting from the next release of RDM scheduled in March. Please do let us know how everything works out after having the opportunity to test the next version.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths