Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Multiple Citrix Netscaler connections?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi there,

Is it possible to allow multiple Citrix connections for the same website? This can be done using private tabs / temporary containers in Firefox.

Always using the latest beta RDM version.
Local data source.

Clock5 mths

Hello,

We'll add this on our todo list, it should be easy to add.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,

I pushed a change for the add-on (version 1.2.3.0) which adds the "private session (incognito)" option. It will require RDM 13.6.6.0 or later to work. We're hoping to release RDM 13.6.6.0 soon.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

thanks

Local data source.

Clock4 mths

Hi there,

I've been testing this and it works great. However, the performance has taken a hit.

I currently have 12 RDP sessions running and the RAM usage is about 723 MB, which is fine. If I then launch 5 separate Citrix sessions and they all have the private session feature enabled, my RAM usage spikes up to 1.8GB, more than doubled. I don't even have to be logged in, I could just have the username + password autofilled and be on standby and the 5 sessions will use way more RAM than necessary. If I disable the private session feature for all 5 Citrix sessions, my total RAM usage (including the 12 RDP sessions) is 1.1GB, which is normal.

I'm using RDM x64.

UPDATE:

Also, it looks like enabling the incognito mode triggers a bunch of rundll32 processes and this somehow crashes my Process Lasso application. I can replicate it every time. If I untick the incognito mode, my Process Lasso will run fine.

Local data source.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

The reason for these changes is that we switched to embedded Chrome to more easily support incognito mode (it uses Chrome only when incognito is checked). I'll see what we can do to support the same with IE embedded (which is what it used before).

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

I made the changes internally. It will require an update for RDM to 13.6.7.0 (not available yet) and for the Netscaler add-on to 1.2.4.0 (available right now).
With this it should both have incognito supported as well as using IE like before.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi there,

I'm on the latest build now. Is there a setting somewhere to specify the Netscaler entry to use incognito mode for IE engine instead of Chrome (or whatever the default is)?

Local data source.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

With both RDM 13.6.7.0 and the add-on on version 1.2.4.0, the incognito mode should take IE embedded. We figured it would be better to just go back to IE as a whole since the entry always used the IE embedded browser.

Does the incognito mode fail for you, or do you still encounter long loading times?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I see.

The issue I've had previously (as mentioned in an earlier post) was that when a Netscaler incognito session is launched, RDM uses a crapload of RAM.

You've mentioned that it was using embedded Chrome and so naturally I thought that I'd have to specify the embedded IE version in the entry configurations. If the new RDM version has switched back to embedded IE, then I won't have to make any changes to the Netscaler entry.

No issues so far, working OK and RAM usage is still low as before. Fantastic!

Local data source.

Clock4 mths

Sorry about the confusion. smile Let us know if you encounter any issue with the feature.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths