Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Email Credentials Directly to customer from the RDM software?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

is there a way we can send an email from RDM giving one of our customers his/her credentials?

Clock5 mths

Unfortunately it's not possible. Could you give me more details of what you want? You want the password to be encrypted?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Example:

A customer (or could be an employee that doesn't have access to RDM) calls and says I need my credentials.
Right now I have to copy and paste those from RDM to Outlook and send an email.
Why not just hit a button in RDM, it would either use Outlook to send an email based on a template we would create in RDM... or we can just send the email directly from RDM.
Obviously the email is more than just the username and password, we want a subject line and some wording:

"Dear Valued Customer, thank you for contacting us today. You will find your username and password below", etc etc etc...

Would save us a lot of time copying and pasting between RDM and Outlook, if the two programs would work together or we take Outlook completely out of the equation. We are also a software development company and willing to do some of the coding if you point us in the right direction...

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Thank you the information.

It is possible using a PowerShell (Local) Macro/Script/Tool entry type to send information to someone by email.

You will find attached to this post, a sample of a PowerShell entry you can import in RDM with the embedded script.

If the email address is saved in the Email field of the Contact tab in the Information tab of the Credential entry, it will automatically send the credentials to that email address. Otherwise, the script will ask for a recipient email address.

To execute the script, right-click on the Credential entry, select Macros/Scripts/Tools and then the PowerShell (Local) Macro/Script/Tool.

EDIT : The script contains an update to send credentials from any entry type.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

SendCredsByEmail.rdm
Clock4 mths

Thank you for the information!

Could this also be made to work for sending the username and password from an RDP entry instead of a credential entry? That is what we are trying to accomplish. We want to right click one of our 200 RDP entries and email the username and password to the customer. Thanks!

Clock4 mths

Hello,

I have updated the code to grab credentials of mostly any entry type. If a specific entry or credential configuration doesn't work, we will adapt the script if possible.

You can download the .rdm file attached in my previous post. It contains the update.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

SendCredsByEmail.rdm
Clock4 mths

OK, i almost have it working, but when it tries to send the email it returns this error message:

No unauthenticated relaying permitted

What is it using for the SMTP server?

Clock4 mths

Hi Shane,

you have to adapt the setting in the PowerShell script. Edit the entry => Edit embedded script and search for the $SMTPServer section.

Regards,
Min

Clock4 mths

Hello,

As stated by Min, you have to edit the script to provide some information.

At the beginning of the script, it describes which information you should adapt to send credential to customers.
If you need further assistance with this script, please let us know.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths