Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Wayk Now iPhone App

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Iphone 6s, iOS 10.3.3. Wayk Now app is missing text on most of the OK and Cancel buttons. Have to guess at which one to push.

Clock2 yrs

Hi Bern

Thanks for the report, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you first try removing the app (long press the icon on the home screen, and delete it using the 'X' that appears) and then reinstalling from the App Store?

If the issue persists, it would be really helpful if you can post a screenshot showing an example of what you describe. You can take a screenshot by pressing the "Power" and "Lock" buttons simultaneously. The screenshot will be saved to your camera roll.

Thanks very much

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I originally responded to this via my personal email, but I noticed it didn't show up on the forum, so I am adding it back as follows for those who may be following it.
-------------------------

I tried the uninstall and re-install with no success correcting the problem.

Here is an example screenshot. I currently don't have the client running, but this shows what the dialogues look like. There is no text in the area under the message that you would touch to make a choice. In this case there is only one possible button to press, but dialogues that have more than one option also have no text, which is what made me comment about having to guess what to press.

IMG_1139.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Hello Bern

I'm not sure that replying the forum notification email works to post a reply.

Thanks for the screenshot. That is really very strange. I am guessing that you haven't seen the same behaviour with other apps on your device? (The "Alert" that pops up is a standard SDK control).

Regardless I will do some investigation and see if I can work out what could cause that to happen

Thanks,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

No, I have not seen the same behaviour with other apps on my phone. All other apps show the "alert" with their buttons properly.

Clock2 yrs

Hello Bern

This seems to be caused by a weird iOS edge case on some devices, some of the time. I wasn't able to reproduce it myself but I've implemented a fix and I believe this will be resolved in the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

No problem. Glad I could help. I am an electronics tech and computer tech by trade with a slight background in programming and spent many years as an electronics bench technician and building/servicing computers. I understand that strange problems can happen. I'm just glad if I could help you identify and fix them, especially if it helps wayk now become a serious player in the RDP market. So far, the product seems to perform great. I can't want for the self hosted den to arrive.

Clock2 yrs

Indeed! We are grateful for the help in reporting and isolating some of these edge cases, and the positive feedback regarding performance. It's something the team here works very hard on.

Have a great weekend,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Bern

Version 2.1.2 is now in the App Store (the update may not show up straight away, new versions sometimes take a few hours to propagate to all the different stores). I'm confident it will resolve this issue.

As always, if you have further problems, comments or questions, let us know!

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thanks Richard, the buttons in the alert messages are indeed now visible.

Clock2 yrs

Great!

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

This is really great to see that you are explaining the wayk in the iPhone app store. The facilities that wayk are providing is really so great. But sometimes whenever I am trying to connect my router while using wayk then I faced Netgear Router Password Issues and I don't even know how to solve it. If anyone knows the proper solution then let me know.

Clock4 mths