Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Support

android ssh connection doesn't work

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I use ssh tunnel connection with private key and a big list of port forwards.
The connections says it successful but the port forwards shows errors and then the app gets stuck and I need to kill it. - behaves like this from day one.

On windows desktop the connection works without any issues.

Tested on one plus 3 - android 8.0.0.
ssh server copssh 3.0.3

see images:

Clock6 mths

Hi,

Thank you for the information and screenshots, we will investigate the problem on our end and get back to you.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We have found a bug with our SSH Tunnel implementation where it will sometimes return the error -22 even though the connection was successful. While we were not able to reproduce your issue on our end, we suspect this bug is the reason you are experiencing issues. We will have it fixed for our next release.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

I see that the app is no longer crashes and wont allow me to take a screenshot, but it still shows strange error codes and wont connect. here is the error message:

Unable to listen for tunnel localhost:1001:localhost:3389, error -3 Unable to create tunnel localhost:1001:localhost:3389:error -17

Can you please try a simple ssh tunnel setup and test it ?(establish ssh tunnel to server and go to localhost:portforward) - won't work any way i'm trying.

Or have you successfully tested this already?

Clock5 mths

Hi,

I can confirm that I am able to connect through a simple ssh tunnel setup on my end.

Ports 0-1024 are not accessible on Android devices, please try changing the port 1001 to another port above 1024 and see if that helps.

If you receive an error message saying that the host cannot be reached : try going to the Settings screen, under "sessions", and disabling "Check if host is online"

If you want to take screenshots : you can enable screenshots in the app by going to the Settings screen, under "security", and turning off "Protect data from screen capture"

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

my bad - tested the wrong connection - it does say it's connected successfully although in the console it just prints "0" and the connection itself takes about 30 seconds or more with android showing "app not responding" in the process.

Then why I try to open an rdp session the app hangs and crashes.

I think it's due to the huge list of ssh port forwards i have (around 60).
see image.

Screenshot_20180731-105240.jpg
Clock5 mths

You are right, there seems to be a bug when there is a large number of port forwards, we will add it to our Todo list. Until we get it fixed one thing you can try is if to Force Stop the application before you open the tunnel, in my tests this avoided the crash.

To Force Stop the application :
1) go to the settings for RDM on your Android Device (usually this is in Settings > Apps > Remote Desktop Manager)
2) Force Stop the application
3) reopen the application and try opening the tunnel again

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi,

I just wanted to inform you that the bug has been fixed internally and we will be including the fix in our next update for the Android app. The update should come out sometime next week.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths