Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

DVLS Web slow to show Vault content

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

are there any news to this issue?

I´m sure, that there is a Problem getting AD inforamtion. This may be the reason, why DPS cannot match the account to the group. I doublechecked the Membership of the account and thats OK. On our old DPS Installation it´s working … only extremly slow.

Best regards … Holger

Clock2 yrs

Hello Holger,

We are still investigating on this issue and still unable to reproduce your behavior.

I think it would be preferable to do a remote session and see the whole process in your environment. Could you please send an email at ticket@devolutions.net and we will send you our online calendar to book an appointment.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

During the remote session, we made 2 modifications that help to improve performances.

The first one was to set the same service account used in the IIS Application Identity to run the service DevolutionsSchedulerService.

The second modification was adding the LDAP service account to the Account Operators AD Group.

@Magnus, if you still experience performance slowness after checking these settings, please write us an email at ticket@devolutions to book an appointment for a remote session.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Erica

The first modification is already done , i use the same account for that.

I´m not sure what you mean by the second modification ?

Also , should I upgrade to 6.0.1.0 ? Im currently still on 6.0.0.0

Clock2 yrs

Hi again Erica

I figured out what you mean , and I have done second modification now and also upgraded to 6.0.1.0 but I still have slowness

It takes about 45 seconds to display the Vault content in web client , but running with desktop client it goes fast

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

@Magnus, thank you for the information.

Do you get the same performance using an Administrator account and a standard user account?

Could you please send me a screen shot of the Disk Usage by Table report from your SQL Server? If you want, you can send it to me in a private message.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Erica

I have sent you screenshot of the Disk Usage by Table report.

When user is "Standard" the time takes about 40-50 seconds to load Vault in web client
When user is changed to "Administrator" or added as member of AD group that makes the gives the user "Administrator" role the time takes about 5 seconds to load Vault in web client

I also have uninstalled the Scheduler client because I got high CPU usage again after upgrading to 6.0.1.0

Clock2 yrs

Hello Magnus,

Thank you for the information. About the report you sent me, doing a Clean up of the database logs on a regular basis should help to improve the performance a bit.

On the web interface, the permissions will slow down the loading of the entries for non-admin users depending on the number of entries. We highly recommend to split your data into smaller subsets using the Repositories.

About the Scheduler, could you please post a screen shot of the Backup Manager? We have found that the upgrade to version 6.0.0 has modified some parameters like enabling the web backup without no repeat time and no destination path.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs