Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

make tab color border thicker

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We would like the ability to make the border around the entry windows thicker when changing tab colors.
Right now it is only a few pixels, we would like the ability to control its thickness (to a reasonable degree) so we can make the border around the window much more pronounced.

We have many production systems we want with 'red' tabs so engineers are aware they are working on production systems, and a thicker red border around the RDP window would make it much easier for them to visualize versus the thin border that is available now.

Clock5 mths

I will add this to our todo list. I might have an idea on how to do that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

no rush, just curious if this is something that might make it into 13.6.7?
We're wanting to roll our RDM to another 8-10 users in our organization, but I want to wait until we are better able to visually show a RDP connection is production with a much thicker RED border around the connection.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

This feature will be available into RDM 14, which should be available later this year.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I did some test yesterday and it's promising.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

David Hervieux wrote:

I did some test yesterday and it's promising.

Regards

That's great to hear. Is this something the user will be able to select how thick the border is? I assume in number of pixels?

Clock4 mths

This could be configurable eventually.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Will it be available in RDM Free?

Clock4 mths

I should be available.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Tested this in latest beta. Looks good. Any way to allow user selectable thickness?
By that, I mean either per entry, and/or template.

Clock3 mths

This can be changed in File->Options --> Color Border thickness

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

can you be more specific? where exactly in options? It's not in 'general'

Clock2 mths

nevermind. sorry. found it in file -> options -> types -> color border thickness

Clock2 mths

There seems to be some issue on the right and the lower borders: there's a one pixel gray line which shouldn't be here.

See the example below that shows the top right corner of my SSH shell, with pixel width = default = 4 pixels (I've added some yellow pixels on the picture to make it easier to count the pixel width):

Clock2 mths

I think that you will have to live with this line. I don't think that I can do anything.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

David Hervieux wrote:

I think that you will have to live with this line. I don't think that I can do anything.

Alright, thanks for the feedback anyway! smile

Clock2 mths

David Hervieux wrote:

we have no problem with that. We appreciate very much the effort that went into making this small GUI feature available.
Our engineers and technicians are now very clear which things they are logging into are production by the thick red border around the RDP windows. Great work!

Clock2 mths