Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Running The Typeing Macro Key From a Hotkey

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi There,

I've created a Macro called "Type Session Password" to enter the session password when invoked but I can't find an easy wake to invoke it.

The only way I can invoke the macro is by right clicking on the live SSH session name in the navigation tree and selecting "Macros/Scripts/Tools->Type Session Password".

Is there anyway to assign a hotkey to a specific macro or add a macro to the sessions toolbar (where 'copy all text', 'clear scrollback' etc are found).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

Clock5 mths

Hello,

This seems like a feature request. I will transfer your post there if you don't mind.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock5 mths

I will check what we can do for this.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi,

That would be great. Being able to attach a hotkey to a macro would make things far more fluid.

For my user case I have about 30 Linux servers with different passwords.

Running a sudo command can therefore be a bit of a pain.

I was surprised to find this functionality missing - especially with all the other wonderful things it can do. Been using it 3 years and still finding new things it can do. Great product.

Clock5 mths

Running with this idea a little further, and perhaps making it simpler to implement, how about a 'paste session password' hot key that uses sendkeys to send the current sessions password to the active console.

Right clicking on the session tab, selecting Clipboard->Copy Password, and then pasting is not hard (I have just found this functionality btw), but a hotkey would be slick.

Obviously this would honour the 'allow password to be sent' option.

Clock5 mths

Is it only for an SSH or telnet session? Perhaps we could add the functionality like you mentioned specifically for those types.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi,

Those are the two that effect me most - don't I don't want to be me me me ;-).

Thanks
Craig

Clock5 mths