Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Password problems with 13.6.2

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

After upgrading from 13.6.1 to 13.6.2 the following problems are observed:

- RDM no longer autofills the password from the local credential repository when signing in to LogMeIn.

- The Username and Password fields in the HostLogin section on the Login tab of the Properties sheet for a LogMeIn connection are disabled and cannot be edited. The 'reveal password' button is also disabled.

- RDM no longer autofills the password from the HostLogin section on the Login tab of the Properties sheet when connecting to a remote site via LogMeIn.

These problems did not exist in 13.6.1. This is RDM 32-bit version running on Windows 10 Pro 1803.

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Could you please send us a video of the issue? We have a tool in the Help tab called Record to assist.

You can send us an email to support@devolutions.net or you can send it to me via private message.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock6 mths

We are seeing the some of the same here as well in 13.6.2.0 64-bit:

1. The HostLogin credentials on a LogMeIn connection can no longer be revealed.
LogMeIn HostLogin unavailable

2. Creating a new LogMeIn connection and the HostLogin area is disabled... cannot add credentials to a new connection
NewLogMeIn HostLogin unavailable

LogMeIn_HostLogin_unavailable.png
NewLogMeIn_HostLogin_unavailable.png
Clock6 mths

Hello,
I have been able to reproduce both of your issues. I just created a ticket and I assigned it to our engineering department.
I will notify you as soon as I have any update on that matter.
For further reference, the ticket number is WIN-937
Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

While we await the fix for this bug (Ticket # WIN-937) is there a way we can access the 'HostLogin' credentials via PowerShell?

I can extract the 'Portal Login' credentials (which is the LogMeIn portal) ... but not sure how to extract the HostLogin so we can at least manually get to these sites.

At this moment we are effectively locked out of certain connections because of this issue.

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Since our engineering department has already made a fix internally that should solve this issue in the version 13.6.3.0 of RDM, I recommend that, until this version is released, you revert to the version 13.6.1.0 of RDM since this issue did not occur in the past.

You can do so by using the following link:
https://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.13.6.1.0.exe

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

I just uninstalled 13.6.2.0 and installed 13.6.1.0 and the issue with LogMeIn sessions remains. The HostLogin area remains disabled and existing passwords cannot be revealed.
HostLoginDisabled

HostLoginDisabled.png
Clock6 mths

Hello,

My apology, after reading your first comment, I was thinking that this issue wasn't present in the version 13.6.1.0.
That being said, I went through our previous version of RDM and the behavior you are reporting is not present in the version 13.5.6.0 of RDM.

If you wish to have access to the "HostLogin" section, I recommend that you use the following link in order to download the version 13.5.6.0 of RDM
https://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.13.5.6.0.exe and that you use this version until RDM 13.6.3.0 is released.

I am sorry for the inconvenience,

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Thanks James, I might try 13.5.6.0 on a secondary machine.

I did discover a way to get RMD to allow me to see the HostLogin credentials. If you temporarily switch the setting on the 'General' tab to "LogMeIn Desktop shortcut URL" you can then get to the credentials on the 'Login' tab. I went through the connections and made individual credential entries for all of my LogMeIn connections (which I probably should have done in the first place.)

RDM LogMeIn workaround

Thanks for your help. We're looking forward to the next release.

RDM-LogMeIn-workaround.png
Clock6 mths

Hello,

That’s good news! Thank you so much for your feedback, this will provide more information to Users who encounter a similar issue
I will notify you by email as soon as the version 13.6.3.0 of RDM is released.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Testing 13.6.5.0 and it looks like two LogMeIn issues are resolved smile

Our 'workaround' of placing a Credential Repository entry with the HostLogin user and pass (and allowing our users access to the credentials via the clipboard) has revealed another LogMeIn password issue.

In 13.6.5.0

When the HostLogin details are stored in a linked Credential Repository entry the LogMeIn password is not auto-populated in the Host login form.
LogMeIn CredentialRepository NotWorking

When the HostLogin details are stored Embedded in the entry the LogMeIn password is not auto-populated in the Host login form.
LogMeIn Embedded NotWorking

When the HostLogin details are stored Default then the LogMeIn password does get auto-populated in the Host login form.
LogMeIn Default Working

LogMeIn_Default_Working.png
LogMeIn_CredentialRepository_NotWorking.png
LogMeIn_Embedded_NotWorking.png
Clock5 mths