Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Problems editing Private Vault entries

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I am using RDM 13.6.2.0 (this happens in both 32-bit and 64-bit) and we have a central SQL server DB connection. I started using Private Vault entries about a month ago (nice feature BTW). And the private vault entries work (search) fine with the sessions they are set up for. However, when I try to edit them (i.e., to change the password) - selecting (View - My Vault (Private) then Properties to edit one of the credential entries):

I am presented with a window that shows me this:

Even if I select "Identity" instead of "Folder" (Folder is the default that it selects), the information is still empty. However, if I select one of my session entries in the Navigation Pane and then select the "Properties" of a session entry (while the Private Vault credentials are still shown in the Dashboard), I am able to edit the Private Vault entry normally:

I can select a Private Vault credential entry and then select "View Password" and that works fine (it shows me the credential entry correctly) but I can't edit it there. My filter is set to show Credentials:

Not sure what's wrong.

Thanks

Private Vault - entry properties menu.jpg
Private Vault - entry properties window.jpg
Private Vault - navigation properties selected.jpg
Private Vault - filters.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Just a quick follow up, I have 2 (two) Private Vault (PV) entries currently. I've found that when I am able to edit the Private Vault entry properties (by selecting properties of a Navigation Pane RDP session), I can only edit the PV entry that I created first and it doesn't seem to matter which one is selected in the "Entries" pane. However, when I click on the PV entry (either one) and select "View Password", it shows me the correct information for the correct entry.

Also, even though one entry is selected in my PV "Entries" pane, when I select the Properties of a Navigation Pane session (see image below), in addition to RDM letting me edit the first entry only, I also noticed that RDM thinks that both PV entries are selected (and according to the menu, RDM offers to allow me to delete both PV entries, even though only 1 entry is selected). RDM isn't presenting the correct menu when I right-click on the Navigation Pane session entries after selecting to edit PV (but at least this menu lets me edit the properties of the first PV entry):

Thanks

Private Vault - entry session properties window.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Just to be sure, have you tried CTRL+F5 in RDM to see if it's not a cache issue?

Are you the only one experiencing this or do you have other users seeing this as well?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello STG,

While selecting a folder in the tree view inside the private vault if you look at the bottom of the dashboard you can see an option saying *Show folder details/Desc. If you uncheck that editing entry though the dashboard should be made on the selected entry from then.
Show+Group+Details

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Show Group Details.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Mark Beausejour wrote:

Hello,

Just to be sure, have you tried CTRL+F5 in RDM to see if it's not a cache issue?

Are you the only one experiencing this or do you have other users seeing this as well?

Best regards,

Thanks, I've tried CTRL+F5 and clearing the cache in the data source (SQL), same issue occurs. I'm the only user on our team using the Private Vault feature.

Clock2 yrs

Alexandre Roy wrote:

Hello STG,

While selecting a folder in the tree view inside the private vault if you look at the bottom of the dashboard you can see an option saying *Show folder details/Desc. If you uncheck that editing entry though the dashboard should be made on the selected entry from then.

Best regards,

You have to help me with this one, I'm not sure where you are seeing this option? The only thing that I have is "View - My Vault (Private)" from the ribbon. I've been through every folder in my vault (i.e., Navigation Pane), changed the type from Detail, Tree and Large icons. I've looked at my Datasource settings (SQL) and only "Allow private vault" is checked (should I also check "Allow credential repository in private vault")?

When I go into my SQL data source, the Private Vault type is set to "Default" (I assume that is what it should be, I haven't changed it). I've also been through my local data source and I don't see my private vault entries anywhere (only in the SQL data source, which I gather is when the Private Vault is available?).

How do I get to the "tree view inside the private vault"?

Thanks

Clock2 yrs

Sorry if It was confusing, just select a folder in the navigation pane and while having the dashboard tab selected. The 2 options should be at the bottom.

Also, the private vault is a feature available on advance datasource per user only. You won't have access to the private vault on a different database.

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

nav pane.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Thanks for the quick follow up. Yes, the option is unchecked already.

I don't have anything like the screenshot that you shared (or I've not found it yet). When I click to view the Private Vault, my Navigation Pane never changes. Could I be using a legacy UI or something (pre-Private Vault feature addition?)

Clock2 yrs

I'm not too sure about your UI but, I would like to see a video of your issue if possible.

Could you mail it to aroy@devolutions.net?

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

If anyone encounter this issue it is possible that an option collide with other RDM settings.

To fix the issue you have to go File > Options > User Interface > Navigation Pane and check the options *Show Personal Connections Tab (If available)*

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Alexandre Roy wrote:

Hello,

If anyone encounter this issue it is possible that an option collide with other RDM settings.

To fix the issue you have to go File > Options > User Interface > Navigation Pane and check the options *Show Personal Connections Tab (If available)*

Best regards,

Yes, I made the change in my RDM and everything works properly now. Thanks Alexandre for all of your help and effort!!

Much appreciated!!

Clock2 yrs