Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Feature Request

Authentification Devolution server console

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Bonjour,

est-ce possible d'ajouter l'authentification pour la gestion de la console.

Quand on démarre Devolutions Server Console de devoir s'authentifier.

merci

Clock2 yrs

Effectivement je vais le mettre sur la liste.

Cordialement

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Bonjour,

super! Ce serait bien d'avoir le choix d'authentification AD et Custom Devolutions. Comme lors de la création des usagers.

merci

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

I have to bump that request in representation of my company and 3 customers too.

Its very bad if you have to be worried about your server-guys servicing the server, and they are able to start the DPS-server-Console.

we thought about restricting access by ntfs-rights, but it wont be right, DPS should be secured by design.

Password Server Console has to be a SAFE-House, nothing and nobody should be able to mess with it.

We suggest to add a "DPS-Console allowed" to User-Creation-Interface, so you can implement a Username / Password-Dialog on startup.

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock3 mths

Hi Markus,

still waiting also for this but I think that will be release at the end of the year.

I just ask this on chat this week and they say this is in the road map

https://blog.devolutions.net/2019/02/devolutions-2019-road-map

Regards

Clock3 mths

Hi Markus,

was not from the chat but from this post here: https://forum.devolutions.net/topic31568-access-to-password-server-console.aspx

Regards

Clock3 mths

Hi reniera,

thank you for that hint.

i hope they can priorize that, because its very odd that i sell our customers a Password Safe where I cannot secure the holy-grail-Console ...

in europe it is very hard to argue that since gdpr ...

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Indeed as indicated by Markus, its will be done by the end of the year, in fact, our next major release that should be in beta in October, and General Availability for November.

As for the exact authentication, we need to take into account ALL of the supported authentication methods supported by DPS, as well a providing for automated (DEVOPS) deployment of new instances in a HA environment. Our CISO will be involved in that part.

As it stands, we are killing the console as you know it. A command line utility used internally already supports upgrading an existing instance, we are working on supporting new instances for the next iteration. We will obviously add a GUI tool to generate a response file for that command line utility...

Securing the management tool is nice, but many of our users have multiple instances, our current strategy would be to protect each instance individually rather than the tool. Again, the CISO is being involved.

Since we are killing the console, adding authentication to it feels like being sidetracked. We've deleted and deleted features, and moved them to the web interface. I would rather deliver our full fledged utility, with a security layer, in the near term.

We've undergone SOC2 pre-assessment; we've studied GDPR intently; looked at ISO 27k series of standards; we're really aiming to fulfill all of the concerns of our community, but can work only on a limited number of features at the same time.

To conclude, my question to you is, can this wait for a few months?

Please let me know your thoughts, we could hold a conference call if you wish.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi Maurice,

I really appreciate your detailed answers.
It's something I can use to get back to my customers and shows that you guys really care.
Besides the timeline I'll talk to my customers and get back to you how they feel about and
if they want to accept a temporary workaround ... (i thought about taking dps-server out of domain, as it would be the safest solution in my opinion until end of the year)

Clock3 mths

Hi Maurice,

they do a temporary workaround as they want to use RDM now and are waiting for the next major release in november.

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock2 mths