Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Prompt for the value of a variable in the typing Macro

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Guys

In our enviroment, it' snot possible, to copy/paste something in the RDP-Session. Due to this, we are using the typing macro for password insert, which works great. But there is now a problem: When we would like to change the passwort, we have to insert the new password manually. As we do this quiet often for quiet a lot of entries, it would be grat, if we could use the typing macro for this. But the problem is: I see no comfortable way, how the user can insert the new passwort which should be inserted by the typing macro. Due to this I would request this as a new feature:

Please make it possible, to prompt a windows for the user for a variable value before the typing macro will be executed.

This could look like for the username/Password entry, where you have the option "ask everytime for the password"-checkbox.

This would help us a lot!

Thanks!

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Where is the password stored? Could you post some screenshots of your configuration please.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hi,

It doesn't matter where the password is stored. We will manually update the password vault with the new passwort. But we would like to use the typing macro to insert the password in a remote session. Thius could also be used for use cases, where the clip board is not working/disabled, so the rdm users can use the macro as workaround for pasting text somewhere.

Regards

Clock6 mths

Hello,

If you want to use a macro to send a password in a remote session, you can create a Typing Macro session and run this session on the credential entry that you would like to paste the password in the remote session to get the password.
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/macroscripttools_macro.htm

Here's what your typing macro session will looks like
2018 06 08 10 33 52

Don't forget to adjust the Initial wait option to get enough time to put the cursor in the appropriate field.

You would also need to allow the password to be sent in a variable.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2018-06-08_10-33-52.png
Clock6 mths

Jeff, I think you don't got me.

PLEASE BE AWARE: My Use-Case is about changing the Password. With your suggested way it's mostly and in a comfortable wa< not possible, to set a new value for the password in the password entry, as the session caches the password.

As this is a generic Feature request, not only usable for Password typing, as example when the clipboard is deactivated, the most easy way in my view is to create a macro with a pop-up where a user can insert his value he would like to let be typed by de macro.

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the explanation, sorry that I didn't understand properly the first time.

I have assigned this to our engineering department so they can verify/validate what can be done.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello,
I have entered a feature request for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hi David

Sounds like a good plan, thanks!

Cheers

Clock6 mths