Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Multiple save files remember the last location

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I had vaguely noticed this before, but I definitely saw it today, and I'd like to request a new feature.
When downloading a file through RDM (like a website etc.) I'd like it to remember the last location used to save a file (could be an option, or could just be that way in general).

In this case, I had downloaded some log files from several internal sites in sequence for troubleshooting. They all had to go to the same directory, so I ended up having to copy & paste the path so I could do this every single time. If it had remembered the last location used, that would not have been an issue.

It also didn't remember my selection of "close" after downloading the files. (I always select this, and it always pops back up).

David F.

Clock6 mths

Do you mean in the web browser session? I'm not sure to understand. Could you post some print screens?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Yes, that is exactly what I mean :-) Although apparently I did something differently with the close checkbox because this morning, it did autoclose them, although I'm not really sure what.
Picture descriptions:

1. I opened up a couple of tabs to the vmware config pages to download log bundles
2. I go to save the file
3. It defaults to %temp% to save the file
4. I browse to a different directory and save it
5. I select the 2nd tab
6. I go to save that file
7. It defaults to %temp% again

Thanks again for the incredible support you guys have :-)

David F.

devolutions_featurerequest_1.png
devolutions_featurerequest_2.png
devolutions_featurerequest_3.png
devolutions_featurerequest_4.png
devolutions_featurerequest_5.png
devolutions_featurerequest_6.png
devolutions_featurerequest_7.png
Clock6 mths

Thank you for the details. I see what you mean now.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello,

So from what I can see, this is mainly an issue with Chrome (embedded) in this case. I took a look and while there is a way to set the default path for the download directory, there doesn't seem to be one to reuse the last path. I opened a thread on the third party's forum to know if this is possible and if not, if it can be changed.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Good news, we found a way to do this smile The way we could implement this is to have it save the location per Chrome entry. Would that work for you or would you need something different?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

That would be great.. Since Chrome is "generally" set to always ask, then having it just reset that path would make it super convenient.

Thank you!

David F.

Clock6 mths

We'll have something out for the next RDM version then, let us know what you think of it and if anything needs tweaking!

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths