Forum / Remote Desktop Manager IOS - Support

iOS - Cannot Connect to MSSQL using Integrated Security

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Did you try to work around the Mono/AD Auth issue over the past eight months, or just twiddle your thumbs while waiting for someone else to fix it? The lack of sense of urgency from your company doesn't inspire confidence.

In any event, 5.18 is out. What's the ETA for an updated Mac client?

https://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/releases/5.18.0/

Clock12 days

Hi Steve,

The fix is not yet included in the xamarin framework but should be very soon.

I'll keep you updated for any development.

Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

Given your lack of urgency with this issue, what assurance do we have that the next time Mono or xamarin break something that there will be a solution in a reasonable timeframe?

Clock11 days

Hi Steve,

We have other data source types such as the Devolutions Password Server that is much more stable than the SQL Server connector provided by mono.

Once Xamarin Framework includes the newly released mono, we will test it to see if the fix is working and that nothing else broke and release a new iOS build as soon as we can.

Apple doesn't allow to install an older version of the software It would have been very useful.
Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock11 days

Do you have another product that has Active Directory integration that doesn't cost us additional?

Mathieu Morrissette wrote:

Hi Steve,

We have other data source types such as the Devolutions Password Server that is much more stable than the SQL Server connector provided by mono.

Once Xamarin Framework includes the newly released mono, we will test it to see if the fix is working and that nothing else broke and release a new iOS build as soon as we can.

Apple doesn't allow to install an older version of the software It would have been very useful.
Best regards

Clock11 days

Well, I'm specifically worried about the Mac version, but since the root cause is the same and this thread was more active I piled on here. I'd just like some assurance that the next time something breaks you'll actually take it seriously, unlike this issue. It is unreasonable that my network guy contacted you for support regarding a bug and the answer was to upgrade the client, which we had to hold back because you didn't put any effort into fixing this issue. At no time until a support chat I held yesterday were we offered any other way forward (Devolutions Server).

What I'm not clear on is if the Devolutions Server is included with our RDM license or not. If it is *not* then you're trying to upsell us after removing features that we paid for with our product. That's shady at best.

Clock11 days

I have been upset to see that this issue is still not resolved 7-8 months later.
I really hope that we can get the ball rolling with this resolve soon.
I understand that we are a small portion of the user base, however I've not been able to use my license on the Mac for months now.

Clock10 days

Status?

Clock2 days