Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Horizontal scroll in terminal session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

Something that was brought to our attention today was the inability to do a horizontal scroll when setting the terminal autowrap settings to off. Is there a possibility of adding the ability to horizontally scroll and not lose terminal output, for example, in a telnet/SSH session?

Thanks,
Tom

Clock7 mths

I will assign this to our dev for investigation.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Thank you.

Clock7 mths

This functionality currently is only found in TeraTerm and SecureCRT with some settings changes. However, we would like to see that functionality in RDM if possible for the telnet or SSH sessions. We need this more with remote serial connections than anything else.

Clock7 mths

any update on this one?

Clock4 mths

Hi,

I have taken a look at the feasibility of your request. For this feature to work, we would require to add a "virtual terminal width" that could be larger than the terminal's window. But any characters outside of that width would just be discarded. If implementing this feature this way is ok for you, I could work on it when I come back from my vacation in 2 weeks.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Thanks for looking into this. That doesn't sound like it would work for our purposes but I have found a work around by using TeraTerm Pro sessions. TeraTerm supports the functionality we are looking for and just took some minor configuration changes to work. Now we have horizontal scrolling and don't have to buy licenses for SecureCRT.

Clock4 mths