Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RDP Connection failure in tab and not on a modal dialogue.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have the (bad) habbits of leaving loads of session-tabs opened. Some connections require a VPN which from time to time needs to be refreshed / re-authenticated. When I dont do this in time all the connections are lost at +- the same time.

The application gives a modal dialogue for each session. Because of the modal dialog I needs to close each window before i can (re)start my VPN which is also sitting in the tool but which i cant click - because it is covered with a load of modal dialogues.

After I re-opened the VPN i need to re-open my sessions i want to use.

The same happens when I'm fed up and work and leave to my home. I just close my laptop and open it at home. Since all connections are lost I needs to click loads of windows before I can re-use the tool.

In my opinion it would be cool to have the errormessage appear inside the sessions-TAB. A other option is to auto-close the connection without any dialog ; but that can be weird from time to time i suppose (tabs disappearing).

2018-05-14_22h03_08.png
Clock7 mths

Hello,

Could you please go to File -> Options -> Types -> RDP -> Check "Disable embedded RDP error message"? This might do what you are looking for.
disableRDPerror

This should prevent the behavior you were mentioning above.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

disableRDPerror.jpg
Clock7 mths

Thanks - this is what i was looking for!

Would also be a good idea to let the tab open (so you know there is a connection issue) ; and show the message only in the tab - not as modal dialogue.

Clock6 mths

Hello,

There is another option for this.
Please go to File -> Options -> Types -> Keep Tab Page Opened on disconnect

This will affect all of your Sessions, you can also find an option in your session's properties page, User Interface -> Keep tab page opened on disconnect that will override the general on set in the previous

Regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

2018-05-18_9-16-04.png
Clock6 mths