I have been using RDM for many years on my MAC and Windows machines. I have always stored my XML file on Google Drive. It would be great to have Google Drive as a data source on the RDM IOS App.

I see you have it on iCloud so hopefully this won't be too difficult to implement.
Thank you,

Mike

Clock3 mths

Hi,

I've added your feature request to my todo.

Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Mathieu,
Thank you for the quick response. There is no hurry on this, however, do you have an ETA on when this would be added?

Clock3 mths

Hi,

We don't have any ETA for this feature but I'll keep you updated.

Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi Mathieu,

I saw an update for the IOS app come out the other day. It said something about Google drive. I assume this is not what I was requesting since there isn't a Data source for google drive available or did I not clearly request what I was looking for?

Clock2 mths

Hi,

The feature you requested is still in my TODO list. What came out last update (4.6) was the Google Cloud session.

Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi,

I'm currently working on your feature request. It will be available in the next release.

Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi,

I just released RDM iOS 4.7 which contains the feature that you requested.
If you have any questions let me know I'll be glad to help you smile

Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Awesome! Thank you!

Is there a way I can tell it to look in a specific folder, or should I move it to the root of the google drive?

Mathieu Morrissette wrote:

Hi,

I just released RDM iOS 4.7 which contains the feature that you requested.
If you have any questions let me know I'll be glad to help you smile

Best regards

Clock2 mths

Hi,

Yes you can specify the path to the file. It doesn't need to be at the root.

Here's an example :
IMG 0156

Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

IMG_0156.PNG
Clock2 mths

this brings up another issue. I just noticed on my Mac version of RDM, the XML file is no longer synced with google drive probably because of the new file streaming feature of google drive where it doesn't store the file locally anymore. I could use iCloud, but that doesn't seem to work on the IOS version.

Clock2 mths

Hi,

The google drive data source will be released on the mac version in the next release.
It will allow you to use the file directly from google drive just like the iOS version.

I don't have any ETA when a new release will be made on mac.

The iCloud data source should work I will take a look at it.

Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

I guess what I am looking for is to have the file stored locally but also in the cloud. It's a matter of time before iCloud does the same thing as google.

Clock2 mths

Hi,
You could use a XML data source on RDM Mac and tell it to use the file stored locally in your google drive folder as a workaround.

When the XML file is modified on iOS using the google drive data source, the Backup and Sync app will automatically sync it with the file stored locally on your mac unless configured not to do so.

Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi Mike,

Just letting you know that a new version of RDM Mac has been released with the new Google Drive Data Source.

Best regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock1 mth