Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Built-in SCP

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi
Please expand to support renaming of files and folders smile

And by the way, if I use drag&drop to copy remote file to local storage, I receive the following error:
"[Window Title]
Error Copying File or Folder

[Content]
Not implemented

[OK]"

If I right-click and Upload or Download it works.

//Brandur

Clock7 mths

Hello,
I will assign this to our dev.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Merci beaucoup, mon ami wink

//Brandur

Clock7 mths

If i may offer an additional suggestion for the sftp client: it now uses up a lot of screen-estate AND you have to open a separate connection to have ssh access to the same server on the same port. May i suggest a solution like the tabbed ssh client from https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/ where you have an sftp client and ssh terminal session in one handy screen ;-)
The built-in xserver is optional ;-)

Clock7 mths

@Luc
Could you post a print screen?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Of course, gladly. I've attached it to this message.

It's basically a simple 2 part screen that takes up 1 tab with an sftp/explorer window in treeview with files on the left side and an normal ssh terminal window on the right side. The sftp client window supports 2-way drag and drop.

It's really very handy. You can make the sftp client follow the directory used (pwd) in the ssh session.

Video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-tTKUOtNtw

Thx.

MobaXterm.png
Clock7 mths

It's nice indeed.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hello,
I had a quick conversation with our engineering department today and the download/upload via drag-and-drop has been implemented in RDM in our native session type.
What type of session we're you using?
Could you post a screenshot of the properties of the session?
Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hi,

i used an sftp session...

This currently has the following layout:

I think it would be nicer to implement this like moba and use one of these 4 windows (upper right) as the ssh session command prompt (both sftp and ssh use the same port 22). That way there would be no real need to integrate putty as a separate terminal ? The bottom left window is really not needed. You can see the files in the uppper left window tree view... You could use the bottom two windows for the sftp (one for the folders and one for the files). Would be neat.

Or you could ofcourse use a layout like moba: no local explorer, just the sftp view on the left and the terminal window on the right.... more than enough ;-)

Just a thought.

Kind regards.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Just to let you know that a similar request is already opened on our ToDo list regarding this.

Thank you for your post.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths