Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

MySQL Datasource

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Currently in my setup I use the after-login commands to send the parameters to MySQL at the ssh terminal.

Let me give you the full back story.
I first use the SSH gateway then hop to an internal server.
I have credentials setup for each segment of the connections.
Then the server sends the MySQL commands to connect from the secondary server after-login.

I must duplicate the entire session for each databased connection to each server.

While this works I feel like the after login command line is not optimal/secure.
I have to change every session to change the password for the connection string.

Try as I may I have been unable / un knowledgeable as to how to create a MySQL data source connection. There are no source options for me to select for MySQL even after installing ODBC and .net connectors on my machine.

I am asking for a MySQL data source or way to add a database server that will allow me to set in the parameters required for connection that can be passed to my current session. Host, port, etc… With an option to setup a credential for the database user and password so I can central source it for easy change.
Is this something doable? Already available?

Clock7 mths

Hello Richard,
I'm not sure if it's possible to do something like that. Have you seen any product which do that or part of it?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

David,
I have, Oracles Mysql workbench but it does not have as many of the features RDM has.
As a Database architect i found your software to be a huge improment over many other products.
For the last 7 years I only use your product and I am pretty happy despite the 1 work around.

I am surprised more haven't requested a Datasource for MySQL.

Clock7 mths

I'm not not understand exactly what you want. Have you tried the database entry type or the data report entry? What is missing in it exactly.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Do you have a MySQL Data source?
I need the ability to setup a MYSQL database server connection.

Username:
Host:
Port:
Password:

I need to be able to send these connection parameters to my existsing session.
Just like the "After Login Commands" do, or as a sub connection.

datasource.jpg
Clock7 mths

Hello,
I see what you mean. I will check what we can do for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths