Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Cisco Anyconnect VPN not typing full password

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I believe that I got Cisco to originally open the bug by reporting this issue. I am told that the problem is corrected and that a fixed version will be released at the end of the month.

Clock6 mths

Hi,

Thanks for the follow up, we will test the next version/update for Cisco AnyConnect 4.6.

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi,

Any update on this one?

Cheers,

Clock5 mths

I'm seeing this issue only after upgrading to 13.6.1.0. My version of the VPN client has not changed in a long time. Additionally, on another computer that I haven't upgraded from 13.5.8.0 I do not see this issue.

I see that the PC that doesn't exhibit this issue is Windows 10 1709, while the one that does is Windows 10 1803. I do not want to risk making changes to the PC that works, as I rely quite heavily on VPN cli working correctly.

Is there a direct download of 13.5.8.0 so I can test it on the newer Windows build?

Edit: there's a bug over at the Cisco website.

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvj65286

Edit 2: just saw it was linked earlier. Nevermind...

Clock5 mths

I can confirm that 4.6.01103 (released June 20) does not fix the issue.

Clock5 mths

Hi,

Base on the Cisco topic the issue have been fixed the 21nd of June. So we need to wait a new Cisco Anyconnect release.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,

I was able work around this Cisco AnyConnect vpncli.exe issue by installing version 3.1.00495 which I downloaded from this site https://www.cera.net/portal/downloads/7/v3100495 I hope this helps until the new version is released. Note: you will need to uninstall any current versions of Cisco AnyConnect before installing the new version. I also had to run through the vpncli.exe manually the first time as it asks you if you want to download and trust the certificate (if you are using the "connect anyway" setting).

Thanks,

Jacqueline

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Thanks Jacqueline, I just contact Cisco with their ticketing system today again. We should have an answer shortly.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello Everyone,

I received a notification from Cisco, we should be able to have a CISCO AnyConnect new version within a month:

Here is what Cisco wrote:

So far I understand that you are having problems with connecting to AnyConnect from the CLI. I do consider you are hitting bug CSCvj65286, internal notes shows that is it already resolved and it is going to be applied on AnyConnect versions 4.6(2025) or 4.6(2053 ). I wouldn't be able to tell when is planned t be release, but I would say that within one month. You can always subscribe to the bug to receive notifications when the fixed realease is published.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi,

I just did a follow up with Cisco and they didn't release a new version yet.

The Open bug at Cisco is (https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvj65286/?rfs=iqvred)

Edit: For users who do not have a Cisco access, joined you could see a print screen.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Cisco_Issue.jpg
Clock5 mths

4.6.02074 (released 08/03) fixes this issue.

Clock4 mths

@meepzorp,

Have you been able to test this latest release?

Is it working fine with RDM?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

@Jeff it does. Yes and Yes.

Clock4 mths

This is great except I can't get the latest version of Cisco Anyconnect due to all the requirements they have for us to be able to get it off their website.

Clock4 mths

Nenad Bjelanovic wrote:

This is great except I can't get the latest version of Cisco Anyconnect due to all the requirements they have for us to be able to get it off their website.

Nenand,
The maintenance on a Cisco 5506 ASA is only about $100/year. Not sure what firewall you have but, the maintenance isn't really that expensive.

Clock4 mths

I can confirm that 4.6.02074 fixes the issue on the 1803 build of Windows.

Clock4 mths

sbemister wrote:

Nenad Bjelanovic wrote:

Nenand,
The maintenance on a Cisco 5506 ASA is only about $100/year. Not sure what firewall you have but, the maintenance isn't really that expensive.

The problem with this arrangement is that the folks using the client software are NOT always Cisco customers themselves. I am supporting clients that have Cisco VPN's (as well as many others). If my client doesn't have a current support contract or for whatever reason doesn't feel like 'updating' (read: spending $100 to fix what is inherently a Cisco issue) then we're the ones stuck dealing with a broken VPN client. That's lousy business on the part of Cisco AFAIC. I'm also disappointed in how long it took them to fix this issue. Not exactly inspiring confidence in the Cisco brand.

Clock4 mths

Hi Jamieson,

Thanks for your point of view, I also work a lot with MSP company before and I know that in their service contract (not every customer love this) they required their customer to always have router and switch under contract service. In this case the support was easier for them, faster and the customer was protected against attack or security issue on the device.

Thanks

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I am having this exact same issue. However being a vendor myself using this to connect I cant get my hands on the latest version. Is there anyone who might have this can post it somehow so we can all get our hands on this cisco anyconnect client?

Clock2 mths

Hi all, just googled the newest version number 4.6.03049. Luckily there are always company's who provide downloads for their clients.
After I googled https://www.google.nl/search?q=anyconnect+4.6.03049&oq=anyconnect+4.6.03049&aqs=chrome..69i57.4641j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There you will find the site https://www.catpaw2012.net/docs/?p=420

Scanned the download with Virustotal https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ac91b749ec0cb420eaf3ee40df46f4c3c08ba538d1151891fd05b6a20f556fe4/detection

Updated and problem fixed smile

Clock2 mths

Hi ..

I too have been having this bug also.

And I confirm that the version of the VPN client mentioned above, does solve the issue.

Thanks for posting it.

Clock2 mths

Hi everyone

At my company we suddenly found all versions of AnyConnect to work through RDM again yesterday.
We haven't changed anything as far as we know it just suddenly worked when one of my coworkers tried so it may be worth checking it again for those of you who had problems.

- River

Clock2 mths