Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Azure SQL datasource goes offline from time to time

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We use a Azure SQL datasource. From time to time the datasource goes offline... Maybe the reason is a small connection loss ; or Azure SQL which is not available for a short time i don't know. Or is there a 'go offline' shortcut which by accident get pressed from time to time?

The annoying part is the tool does not go online again automatically. i notice there are some settings on the datasource : "auto refresh" "ping online" .
I looked in the documentation but that wasn't really clear for me what does settings do and/or they would be helpfull.

Can you advise please?
I would like the tool to auto-reconnect after a short (or long) disconnection.

(Is there a way to fast reconnect with a shortcut? I noticed CTRL + F5 does reconnects but gives a warning message first. Is there a way without the message?)

Clock7 mths

What warning message do you get?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

You're about to clear your offline cache. You're going to lose access to your sessions until you go back online.
Are you sure you want to continue?

Clock7 mths

I just noticed i better use the normal F5 instead of the CTRL + F5.
But i would love a automatic - (re)connect feature.

Clock7 mths

We can reproduce going offline:

1) open a entry which has a private vault search which you don't have in the private vault
2) Unable to find the private vault credential "XXX". Do you want to select another credential?
3) NO (or Yes - Cancel)

=> Offline !

(see attachment for video)

2018-05-03_10h33_46.mp4
Clock7 mths

Hello,

I'm unable to recreate your issue.

What type of authentication do you use with SQL Azure? Is it Azure AD Integrated?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock7 mths

Yes we use Azure AD users. We notice the going offline also in other cases ; it seems like whenever something goes 'wrong' we get kicked offline.

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Could you please send us screenshots of all the tabs of your data source configuration window except the Upgrade tab?

This can be done via File -> Data Sources.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock7 mths

See attachments

2018-05-03_23h33_44.png
2018-05-03_23h33_41.png
2018-05-03_23h33_38.png
2018-05-03_23h33_35.png
Clock7 mths

This error shows up in the log (when i do the action which causes to offline mode):

Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.UserCancelConnectionException: Exception of type
'Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.UserCancelConnectionException' was thrown.
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.GetCredentialResolved(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.PrepareCredentials(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, String privateVaultSearchString, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.Prepare(Connection connection, Boolean applyCredentials, Boolean applyAlternate, Boolean applyVPN, Boolean copy, Boolean applyOverrideCredentials, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionParameter parameter)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionParameter parameter)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.c2d3a897d165d9e56a0d53f388986ac51(Connection[] cfabc0254f46d7d8ae5a71db9e5a0b5b5, OpenConnectionMode c602973c05c2f5870e41c508b048b13c5, IConnectionSource c5b7a41272702648f46cf77ee6b3a92cb)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, IConnectionSource source, Boolean checkOpenedConnection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreBaseConnectionView.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreConnectionTreeListView.cbad026f0443b4db7579b28d004e7ca8d(Boolean ce86b9cea9309620f2c628f54915f70f5)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ThreadManager.caa310ce107ed0c993f3d034df6d00336(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the error message.

I will open a ticket for our engineers so they can investigate this further.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hey, is there any update from this issue?
Our support team notices random disconnects when using RDM with Azure SQL; this makes the software really annoying to use...

Clock5 mths

I think I found the issue. Your mp4 & screen shots were extremely helpful in visualizing the issue.

Until I get the fix done and released could you please try unchecking "Auto go offline" and let me know if the behavior is better.

Thanks,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hey,

Is there any update about this issue?
Haven't tried to disable the "auto-offline mode" yet, will try and let you know.

Clock1 mth

@Sander,

What version of RDM are you running?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock1 mth

Version 13.6.7.0 64bit (I always install updates).

Maybe this is related an/or the same issue:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30634-rdm-hangs-after-double-azure-sql-login-popups--auto-went-from-offline-gt-dialog-to-login.aspx

Clock1 mth

Hello,

Indeed, maybe it's related.

We will continue to troubleshoot this issue in the other thread since there's a lot of information inside.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock1 mth