Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Automatically Generate Email upon Launch

• Create an Issue

I know that RDM has a huge array of post connection scripts and macros that can be done. I've never really fooled with this very much. I have had several requests from a client requesting an email when we connect to a remote resource. I'm curious to know how other people handle this. If someone has done this before with a script in RDM, I'd love to hear how you did it.

Essentially, what i'm looking for, upon launch (connection or failed) an email is sent out saying a connection is made. Obviously I would need to be able to configure my exchange server settings and a TO field.

Thanks
Jon

Clock7 mths

Hello,
This could be done in DVLS only. Do you think it could be useful for you?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Yes, I do. I quickly scanned through the benefits of the server version. I certainly understand the need to keep certain features in different price points, but I really don't see it benefiting my organization in the way we use RDM for the price. I can play with a quick powershell or macro and probably get it to work.

Clock7 mths

It's about the architecture. We need a server to send the email but you're right that's something you can do with a script.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths