Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

application unexpectedly stops after sleep mac os high sierra

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have been having the application unexpectedly shut down anytime my mac goes to sleep and then I log back in. It seems to be every time. I am using Mac OS version 10.13.14 and using RDM Version 5.2.0.0. Not sure if there are any logs that will help or not. Really enjoy the product and have no issues on my windows laptop but on the mac it is shutting down every time I wake it up.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

What type of data source are you using?

Are you running RDM on a iMac or a Macbook?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I am using MS SQL server for my datasource on a macbook air mid 2017 model. Using the same data source as on my windows laptop.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Is the offline mode enabled?

Do you have something relevant in Help -> Application Logs?

Could you post a screenshot of your File -> My Data Source Information report please.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Attached is the screenshot you requested. I have cleared the application log and will look once it happens again as I wasn't seeing anything helpful in the log right now.

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 6.56.47 AM.png
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

As per your screenshot, the offline mode is disabled. It may help to have it enable.

Here's the steps to follow if you want to have read/write access in offline mode;

• In Administration -> Users -> Edit -> Settings -> Select Read/Write in the offline mode dropdown
  • In Administration -> Data Source Settings -> General -> Select Read/Write in the offline mode dropdown
  • In File -> Data Sources -> Edit -> Settings tab -> check the Auto go offline mode option
  • In File -> Data Sources -> Edit -> Advanced tab -> Select Read/Write in the offline mode dropdown
If you want to have different permissions in offline mode, please consult https://helpmac.remotedesktopmanager.com/datasource_offline.htm

If you encounter the same issue, please send me a screenshot of the error when you open your macbook after sleep.

You can also verify if something is present on the application logs.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello Zach,

Do you have any opened sessions in RDM while you put your Mac in Sleep Mode?

Best regards,

Antoine Mauger

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

yes, there are always sessions open when it goes to sleep.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

What kind of sessions are opened?

Best regards,

Antoine Mauger

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

all sessions are Microsoft RDP. ocassionally i will have ssh, but not often.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

I've been trying to reproduce the issue,

Which display mode do you use for the RDP sessions?

Best regards,

Antoine Mauger

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs