Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

User Interface - Sort Order

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would it be possible to have an option to reverse the Sort Order? Currently, the higher the value, the higher in the tree the item appears. However, the logic is opposite how you would normally show items. For example, I have five print server labled PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PS5. Normally, I would like to see PS1 at the top of the tree. However, to do that currently, I would have to set the sort order as follows:

Server--Sort
PS1 ----- 5
PS2 ----- 4
PS3 ----- 3
PS4 ----- 2
PS5 ----- 1

I'd prefer it to be like this:

Server - Sort
PS1 ----- 1
PS2 ----- 2
PS3 ----- 3
PS4 ----- 4
PS5 ----- 5

I have close to 60 servers that I maintain and it would be much easier to lay them out as such.

Thank you and thanks for a great product! I recommend it to all my customers - especially those that I see using Microsoft's RDP Manager.

Clock8 mths

Hello,

Have you tried to change the Sort Priority in the properties of your sessions? The Sort Priority feature is located in the User Interface section.
2018 04 20 08 53 15

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2018-04-20_08-53-15.png
Clock8 mths

My request is referring to User Interface - Sort Order. What I'd like to see is the ability to reverse the sort order, so that an item with Sort Order 0 would appear in the tree above an item with Sort Order 10.
Per my example below:
Server--Sort
PS1 ----- 5
PS2 ----- 4
PS3 ----- 3
PS4 ----- 2
PS5 ----- 1

I'd prefer it to be like this:

Server - Sort
PS1 ----- 1
PS2 ----- 2
PS3 ----- 3
PS4 ----- 4
PS5 ----- 5

Regards,
Eric

Clock8 mths

Hello,
i understand what you mean, I will check what we can do.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Maybe I'm having a brainfart, but wouldn't your servers automatically be listed in alphabetical order without touching Sort? So PS1, PS2, PS3, etc would stay in that order.

Clock7 mths