Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Web Login Extension Adjustable Search Configuration

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Team,

I find the current Web Login Extension (Chrome) very limited in its current form for our organisation, as the search function only finds sites / credentials when Chrome is already at one of the saved URLs - you can't search for any site or credential if you can't remember the URL.

I propose the following changes / enhancements:

• Config - Allow searches to query all (or some) RDM / Devolutions Server entries
  • Query - Allow searches to include URL strings... i.e. "micro" will return microsoft.com and microcars.com
  • Results - Dedup / Return only one entry if they are the same (1 via RDP and 1 via Devolutions Server - don't need to display both)
  • Function - Add password generator - can sync back to any saved entries in RDM / Devolutions Server
  • Layout - In drop down menu, add expanding tab to display all available sites / credentials - like saved bookmark function. Similar to Lastpass's "Sites" menu.

The Web Login Extension could easily become the main interface to Devolutions Server (and RDM) for the majority of corporate users, and more users would start using it if it had some friendly / easy to use enhancements - office users want simple, they don't want to change between Devolutions / Web Login to manage sites and credentials.

Regards,
Miles

Clock8 mths

Hello Miles,
It's a very interesting request. I will tell you a secret smile We are working on a complete rewrite of our web browser extension to be able to do something like what you ask. This will be released this summer.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Additionally, is it possible to control some of the settings via GPO.

For example, locking the Devolutions Server interface to only allow saving credentials to the Private Vault - preventing accidental saves of user credentials into the Shared Vault.

Also setting DVLS server string and other options.

Regards

Clock8 mths

Hi David,

I notice the web add-on for Chrome has been updated, however it offers none of the features I mentioned above.

As I can't stop users from accidentally saving their password into the default vault (instead of their private vault), I can't deploy the add-on in our organisation.

Additionally, the search function is still only working when you're on a URL that is saved in RDM / Devolution - Trial users don't understand why they can't search for any entry inside RDM / Devolutions and automatically open the connection, like other credential managers.

Regards.

Clock5 mths

Hello,
Don't worry we are still working hard on the browser extension. Have you tried something like this for the deployment?

http://dennisspan.com/deploying-google-chrome-extensions-using-group-policy/

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths