Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add shortcuts to multiple folders at once

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Guys,

Could you add the possibility to add a shortcut for more than one folder at once? It would help us a lot if we were able to select multiple destination folders for a given shortcut.

Thank you

Rafael

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Indeed, to do so, please do the following:

1-In Administration - Data source Settings - Check ''Allow Virtual Folder''
AllowVirtualFolder

2- Go to the Properties of the entry you wish to create a shortcut to

3- In the ''Folder'' field of the entry, you will be able to add the location of multiple Folder in which you wish to create a shortcut as long as you separate them with a '';''. It is important to keep in mind that you need to keep the basic location of the entry also(ex: Basic location;Folder A; Folder B).
ShortcutMultipleFolder

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

ShortcutMultipleFolder.jpg
AllowVirtualFolder.jpg
Clock7 mths

Hi James,

Thank for your update!

Rafael

Clock7 mths

Hi James,

I'm not seeing the "Allow virtual folder" option under the Data Source Settings. I'm running V13.5.6.0

Do you have to enable something else to have this option available?

Rafael

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Are you currently using DVLS? If this is the case, the "Allow virtual folder" is currently unavailable.

Let me verify with our engineering department what can be done regarding this matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hello,

I had a discussion with our engineering department and the "Allow Virtual Folder" option is no longer available within DVLS.

A ticket has been submitted to our engineering department to see what can be done regarding your feature request.

I will notify you as soon as we have any update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hello,

I had another discussion with our engineering department and they gave me another way to add shortcuts to multiple folders at once.

In order to do this, you will need to do the following:

Go to your entry Properties - Click on the ellipsis next to the "Folder" field - Hold CTRL and click on the Folder in which you wish to create a shortcut.
CTRLSelect

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

CTRLSelect.jpg
Clock7 mths

Hi James,

It work's really good! Thank you

Rafael

Clock7 mths