Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Problem with entry/session - changed type

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi

We have noticed a problem in out database with a session that was created as "Data (Note/Secure Note)" 2018-01-10 then somehow been changed to "Login (Account)" sometime after that.

Since it has been changed to "Credential" we cannot se the information that was written there before.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I am not able to convert a Note/Secure Note entry into a Login (Account) in RDM 13.0.6.0 and/or RDM 13.5.6.0.

How did you convert the entry?

On that entry, if you do right-click -> View -> Entry History, do you see the conversion of the entry?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

What version do you use?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David

Thats the problem, we haven´t done anything to the session that should have altered the type of the session.

We use DVLS 5.0.2.0 and RDM 13.5.6.0

I can´t find right-click -> View -> Entry History but if you mean the logs there only is entry for creating the entry and two edit entry, and one of the edit entry has wrong information (pic3)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

In your screenshort #3, we see that the session has been changed on March 22. Is there other sessions that have been changed on this date as well?

Is it possible that you have perform an DVLS upgrade on that date?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I upgraded DVLS and RDM to 5.0.0.0 and 13.5.0.0 on March 21

There are a few other sessions that where edited on March 22 but far from all

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

It seems that the DVLS upgrade has done some changes on the session, but I cannot confirm if it's really the upgrade who has performed these changes.

Do you still have a backup of the SQL database prior to the DVLS upgrade? If yes, could you restore the SQL database and connect on it via a SQL Server data source in RDM to recover the session prior to the changes on march 22. If you need help regarding this, we can help you via a remote session. Just contact us at support@devolutions.net

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Jeff

Yes we have backup before that time and have restored that database and recovered the information

Clock2 yrs