Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Remote Desktop Manager with Apple Magic Keyboard num lock

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When I open a session I always have to hit the "Clear" button on my magic keyboard to be able to use the number keys for my session. Is there a way to always have that enabled when I use remote desktop manager?

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I'm transferring your post to the RDM Mac Support thread.

What version of RDM are you using?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Version 5.2.0.0

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

What type of session do you open? Is it RDP?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Yes, its RDP

Clock2 yrs

Hi Brent,

As of yet, this is not possible.

Sending the state of the Cap Lock and Num Lock is already on our TODO list though. I don't know if this is actually possible (to transfer the state from the local machine to the remote machine, e.g. Lock to Lock and Unlocked to Unlocked) but maybe we could add an option to just send the actual equivalent key code of Num Lock (clear on the Magic Keyboard). Since its a toggle, it would enable or disable the Num Lock depending on the initial status of the remote machine. This would be a case by case option. Would that be alright with you?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

That sounds fine. The magic keyboard doesnt actually have a num lock key. The num pad is always on and working. But just in Remote Desktop Manager I have to hit the "Clear" button that emulates the numlock key from a standard keyboard.

Clock2 yrs

Good, we'll try to have this done as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Brent,

This has been done. In the next release of RDM, you'll find the option in your RDP properties under Local Resources -> Keyboard:

SendNumLockKeyAfterConnect

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

SendNumLockKeyAfterConnect.png
Clock2 yrs