Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Import from terminals folder dosent work

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hell Guys i try import from terminals ( app rdp) but i cannot import folder . Folder import to rdm but only like a tag . Please Help

Clock8 mths

Hello,

Is it possible for you to provide us a sample so that we can test this in our environment.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

sorry but i cant . But you check very simple. Create new connection on terminals and move this to folder . Next run export from terminals and import in RDM . Thats it you see rdm cannot create folder only connection smile

Clock8 mths

Hello,

I don't have Terminals on my computer. Could you provide me a download link please, to make sure that I have the same version as you.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Ok
https://github.com/Terminals-Origin/Terminals/releases/tag/4.0.1

Clock8 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the download link Tomasz, I will try to reproduce the issue in our environment.
I will get back to you as soon as I have any update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Hello,

I have been able to reproduce the issue and a ticket has been assigned to our engineering department.

I will notify you as soon as I have more information on that topic.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Hello,

So I took a look at the export file Terminals gives. The immediate parent is stored in the "tags" field in the XML. Unfortunately this means we can't import the entire folder structure, as the rest of the groups would be missing. If your structure is only one folder deep, it would work, though.

In the next RDM beta the application will prompt if you want to import the tags as groups or as tags.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

ok thanks

Clock7 mths

Hello,

This issue has been solved in the latest version of Remote Desktop Manager.

Could you please use the following link to try it and see if it works properly?
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download

Best regard,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths