Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Automatic Upgrades

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Due to the amount of upgrades (especially in Beta). Would it be possible to setup a new option for automatic upgrades?

Clock8 mths

What do you mean bu new options?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

In the sense of, when I walk in at 6:30 AM to hit my desk and go to work, I usually have an update window waiting on me saying that there's a new update out for RDM (which is fine as it's not every morning) - just seems like running an update service or something to keep things tidy versus having to click and wait on the installer each time would be much better (e.g. a command line silent update flag maybe that could be run from Task Scheduler or NSSM).

Clock8 mths

I see what you mean. Thank you

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Following up. I like to use beta as well, but the current update process doesn't do a silent update, instead I have to click on the dialogue several times. Is there anyway to consider at least passing in the silent install args to allow the update to run in background, close devolution automatically when ready, and upgrade, then reopen? That would be a big help. It's currently pretty intrusive, thus I haven't been on the beta for a bit. If it was like Vscode, in the background, and then proceeding automatically when "install update" selected, then I'd be on beta all the time.

Clock6 mths

+1

I agree they are really a lot of updates. The updates are big (full install i guess) and with each update you need to select all the options again ( Custom / Full / Typical install ; associate .rdp yes/no ; ...

And when plugins need to be update you can also restart the application wink Since i need to type in password each time this is quite annoying. We dont allow save password for security reasons.

Clock6 mths