Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Synchronizer - Description

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it possible to add the possibility to search for a value in an attribute instead of the default Description.

In our company they don't add the specification of the server in Description and they use the Description in another tool to add the business owners and the location where the servers are. The actual Description is put in an attribute.

Kind regards,
Günther

Clock10 mths

In attachment what i actually mean.

dev-sync-descr.jpg
dev-sync-attr.jpg
Clock10 mths

I will add a feature request for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Thanks,

That would be great!

Kind regards,
Günther

Clock10 mths

Just asking if this feature has already been added? We recnetly bought a new Site License as everyone was convinced this tool is more suited for us to use.
But I'm not seeing the possibility yet.

Kind regards,
Günther

Clock2 mths

Hello Günther,

Would your feature require you to specify 1 attribute as the description or would it require the concatenation of multiple attributes as shown in your "dev-sync-attr" screenshot?

This feature is still on our TODO list. We will bump up the priority and keep you updated on the progress.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

It's only one attribute.

Kind Regards,
Günther

Clock2 mths

Hello Günther,

This feature has been completed internally and will be available starting from the next version of RDM.

A field named "Override description attribute" has been added. To use it, all you will have to do is write the name of the attribute as shown below :

OverrideDescriptionAttribute

In the example above, every entry synchronized to RDM will have their description affected by their name. Changing the attribute in the override field will change the description to that attribute's value.

Please do let me know if everything works properly once you can test it.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

OverrideDescriptionAttribute.png
Clock2 mths

Wow, Thanks a lot for this.

Will wait for the next release and test this out ;-)

Kind regards,
Günther

Clock24 days