Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

RDP Version 10.1.6 (910) always request for passwor

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello
RDP connection with saved username and password did not work.
RDP app always ask for password.
This is a bug of new RDP app?

Thanks

2018-03-28_2320.png
Clock9 mths

Hello,

What version of RDM Mac are you using?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 25th, 2018, to January 1, 2019, inclusively.

Clock9 mths

Free Edition 5.1.0.0

Clock9 mths

Hello,

As I understand, you are launching your RDP session in external mode. Am I correct?

It's not possible for us to send the password in external mode to the Microsoft RDP because RDP refuses it. Microsoft doesn't offer the possibility to send the password on Mac.

If it's available someday, we will integrate it.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 25th, 2018, to January 1, 2019, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hello Jeff

Thanks for the reply.
This limitation is not present in the previous version RDP app (8.0.43), the external mode work without asking for password.
Do you confirm?

Clock9 mths

maranmichele wrote:

This limitation is not present in the previous version RDP app (8.0.43), the external mode work without asking for password.

Hi,

This shouldn't be possible (no matter which version of MS Remote Desktop you're using) as we do not pass the password to the RDP session. We launch the MS Remote Desktop application with a generated .rdp file, and such file does not supports password into it.

We've been investigating alternative way to pass the password to MS Remote Desktop directly through it's UI when it prompt for it, but this hasn't been implemented yet (and never have been).

If you were able to connect with previous version of MS Remote Desktop without being prompt by the application for a password, there must have been some special configuration that I am not aware of on the MS Remote Desktop application itself.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths