Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

1Password - new DB format

Hi,

Just noticed that the coming version of 1Password is using a new format - which doesn't seems to be supported by RDM.

Mostly an information (and with a small hope, that it will be solved in near future wink ).

Br,
Anders

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Are you talking about the Cloud version of 1Password? If yes, this is supported in the latest version of RDM.

If not, could you please post a link from 1Password so that we can have a look at the new format.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi Jeff,

I noticed it when I downloaded their beta of 1Password version 7.
https://blog.agilebits.com/2018/03/20/introducing-1password-7-beta-for-windows/
(there was some other problems, so right now I decided to go back to version 4 smile )

//Anders

Clock5 mths

Hello,

I've installed 1Password 7 Beta and as per my testing, the account use in the 1Password 7 application is the same account use to authenticate on 1Password Cloud.

This means that if you install RDM 13.5.0.0 and select Web in the 1Password credential entry, you will get access to your vault from RDM.
2018 03 27 22 28 39

Is it working for you?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2018-03-27_22-28-39.png
Clock5 mths

Hi Jeff,

This is how I'm doing it with the 1Password 4 database. I tried to do the similar with the new database-format, but it didn't work.

I'm using it with "User Specific Settings", and using "Private Vault credential entry".

//Anders

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Selecting Web in the Mode dropdown menu should allow you to connect with your 1Password Cloud account.
2018 03 28 08 23 06

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2018-03-28_08-23-06.png
Clock5 mths

Hi Jeff,

I don't want to use the Cloud-solution - I don't have an account for 1Password Cloud. I'm only using "local files".

//Anders

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Maybe I didn't configure 1Password 7 Beta properly.

How do you configure this edition of 1Password to use a local file?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi Jeff,

I used this option, and pointed to my folder with my 1Password version 4 files.

//Anders

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Ahhhhhh that was the culprit.

Let me verify this local BD and get back to you.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Got it! the new database extension is 1Password.opvault and indeed, this format is not supported in RDM.

I will verify with our engineering department if it's possible for us to support this format.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Any news on this?

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Our engineering department is still investigating how this can be accomplish. The main developper on this integration is in vacation for the next two weeks.

He will get back to you on his return.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I get error "Unable to retrieve 1Password credentials!"image

Clock3 mths

@NoAgenda,

Our engineering department is still investigating the issue. We will get back to you (and evereyone) as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

This issue has been solved internally and it should be available in the next release of Remote Desktop Manager.

Best regards,

James_Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Thank you smile

Clock3 mths

Hello,

My apology for my prompt response, I forgot to specify which part of our 1Password integration will be affected by the latest changed our engineering department has done.

The 1Password Web integration issue that caused the error "Unable to retrieve 1Password credential" should be fixed in the next release of RDM.

Regarding the new 1Password DB format, this integration will require more time and our engineering department is still working on it.

Sorry about that

Best regards,

James_Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

upset

Just put my nose up for it. upset

Hope it will be solved soon! smile

//Anders

Clock3 mths

Hello

Any update on this?

Regards

Clock28 days

Hello,

I had a chat with our engineering department and this is still on the ToDo list.

We will inform you here when it will be implemented.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock28 days

Hi Jeff ..

Is there an update or at least a roadmap for when you guys will be fixed with 1Password ?

I know it's not your issue, as it seems AgileBits decided to take a complete left-turn and then do a U-turn kinda.
But we (the people whom use both your products) need some sense of where things are going.

I'm currently on 13.6.6 and the 1Password web is still busted, and even still it's not really the way to go IMHO.
I like the multiple vaults with the nice cloud interface, but there are times when I VPN into someone; and it won't work because they web filter.

A nice local 1Password vault (like above) is a great solution, and it's a right royal PTA that they changed the database format.
But I would hope you guys have some sort of 'relationship' with AgileBits that you guys can at least work together.

This is where the 'blog' would actually be handy, rather than chasing down stuff in the support forums.
Just a 2 cents.

So </rant> over .. when can we reliably expect a resolution ?

Clock5 days

Hello,

Our 1Password integration support 1Password local DB or 1Password Cloud. We do not support the .opvault extension type.

As of now, our 1Password Cloud integration is, indeed, broken. Our engineering department is still working on it.
I am not part of the engineering department, but as I remember, AgileBits doesn't offer a proper API to do a proper integration of their product inside RDM.
I will confirm this information and get back to you.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any timeline regarding the resolution of the issue with 1Password Cloud.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Hello,

I had a chat with Hubert and my thinking was right. Since 1Password doesn't offer a proper API for our integration, it's more difficult to our engineering department to find the culprit of an issue when they appears.

Furthermore, please note that our engineering department is working on supporting the .opvault database type, but I cannot provide any timeline on it's delivery.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

+1 on this. It would be great to have 1Password Cloud (my.1password.com) working.

Clock5 days