Forum / Wayk Now - Feature Request

Pass parameters during .msi deploy

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi there!

I would love to see the possibility to pass some parameters during network deploy.

Something like this: wayk.msi /pass=xxxxxxxx /quiet /start=1 /quality=high /log=yes /loglevel=xxx

It would help a lot mass deployments or event when there's the need to send it to someone for a emergency support. I could send a .bat file of a powershell script who would install it on my client machine without none or minimum human/user interaction.

Cheers and keep the good work.

Valdecir Carvalho
Homelaber Brasil - @homelaber

Clock2 yrs

Hi Valdecir,

Thank you for your feedback. We have created a ticket to evaluate the work required to implement this properly. I think we could map most settings from our configuration file format to a .msi parameter.

Best regards,
-Marc-Andre

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Marc,

Thanks for promptly response. In meanwhile is there some way to create and send a custom configuration file so, after the install the app will read it and use my custom settings?

Regards,
VC

Clock2 yrs

Hi Valdecir,

The only possible workaround at this point would be to copy an initial configuration file on the target machine. It is a simple json-formatted file, you can populate only the fields you want, the rest will be initialized when Wayk Now starts.

The configuration file is located here: %AppData%\Wayk\WaykNow.cfg

The main issue is that since this configuration file is user-specific, you would need to know the user of the target system to create a file in the proper directory.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs