Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Smart Card PIN saving

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
I was wondering if it would be possible to add smart card support to the local credential repository?
I would like to be able to save my smart card pin there so I don't have to type it every time I connect to a server.

Thanks.

Clock9 mths

I'm not sure to understand. You would like to let RDM type it for you like with a macro?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Not sure if that's the only way to accomplish it, but something like that yeah.
I manage around 200 servers and sometimes I will connect to groups of 40 at a time. If I wanted to use smart card auth I would have to type my pin in 40 times to do that. If I use password auth it just connects automatically.

Clock8 mths

Hello,
I'm not sure if it's something we can do. I will add this to our todo list and analyse it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Dear All,

Is there any update about this topic ?

Regards,
Alain Nigot

Clock6 days

I haven't found a way to do that. Perhaps you could create an entry with the PIN and copy it to the clipboard. Use the Type Password from Clipboard action with a global shortcut to paste the information. What do you think?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

I have to test it ;-)
Regards,
ANi

Clock5 days

Hi,
I didn't found how to do that... can you, please, help with this ?

Regards,
ANi

Clock5 days

Hello,

What David proposed would be to create a new entry (Credential, information etc.) then when you are being prompt to enter you Pin, instead of typing it manually, simply take the entry, and copy the Password from there (Then paste it of course).

I used a credential entry in my case, but the choice of the entry type is at your convenience
credential

When you need to type you Pin, you can either make a right-click -> Copy Password, then paste in the field that you need
password

Or select the session and click on the "Copy Password" action button
password2

We don't know exactly when your are prompt with your Pin so we might be able to find a way to optimize this if you could send us a quick video of how your environment work, are you only prompt with a Username and Password or only the Pin?
If you would like for us to check that, you can send your video to Ticket@devolutions.net

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

credential.png
password.png
password2.png
Clock2 days